Budgie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Budgie

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko has tweeted it could be an early return to Wigan for Joe ????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Budgie

Post by Mike »

He went too early.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:He went too early.
Agree ????????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Resigned for Wigan wef 1 December.
lucky 13

Joe back!!

Post by lucky 13 »

Joe back!!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Re: Joe back!!

Post by josie andrews »

Budgie Flies Back

Joe Burgess to re-join Wigan Warriors

England international signs three year deal that will come into effect from December 1st 2016

Burgess one of Super League’s most prolific wingers after scoring 52 tries in 58 games for Wigan

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce the re-signing of star England International winger, Joe Burgess, on a three-year deal with effect from December 1st 2016.

He will re-join the Warriors after one season in the NRL with Sydney Roosters.

21-year-old Burgess debuted for Wigan in 2013 and made his breakthrough into the side in 2014 scoring a remarkable 25 tries in 27 games in his first full season including a try in the Super League Grand Final.

His gliding running style saw comparisons made with Wigan Hall of Fame member, Martin Offiah, and Burgess was handed the same famous Number 5 shirt for the 2015 season. He enjoyed another fine year crossing for 26 tries in 29 First Team games and establishing himself as Wigan’s leading winger despite strong competition from Josh Charnley and Dom Manfredi.

As one of the most prolific scoring wingers in Super League, he was named in the 2015 Dream Team before being selected for England.

In total, Joe Burgess played 58 times in his first spell at Wigan, scoring 52 tries.

Wigan Warriors Chairman, Ian Lenagan, said:

“We were disappointed when Joe decided to leave for the NRL after spending many years developing his talents in the Wigan Academy. As with any player that leaves the Club, we maintained a good relationship with Joe and made it clear that he would always be welcome back at Wigan if the opportunity should arise.

“When planning for the 2017 season and exploring options to replace Josh Charnley, we acted swiftly when we knew that Joe was available. He remains one of the finest young English talents in Rugby League and we believe that his talent will become even more obvious in his next three years at Wigan.

“We are delighted to welcome him back.”

Joe Burgess said:

“I’m proud to say that I had a go at the NRL. It didn’t go perfectly to plan and I’d definitely consider giving it another go but, for now, I’m looking forward to coming home. I really want to win some silverware with my hometown Club and that is definitely the aim when I return.

“I’m also looking forward to enjoying some of my mum’s cooking!”

Wigan Warriors Head Coach, Shaun Wane, added:

“As a coaching group we are thrilled to have Joe back with us for next season. He is a talented young winger and his try-scoring record whilst in the Wigan First Team speaks for itself.

“When he left at the end of 2015, Joe was arguably the best winger in the competition and was capped by England. A year in Australia will have helped him improve even further and, at the age of 21, he has his best years ahead of him. The players and staff look forward to welcoming Joe back into the team and wish him well for the remainder of this year.”

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... flies-back
ian.birchall

Budgies coming home.

Post by ian.birchall »

????????????????????????????????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

BRILLIANT!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Fab news! Welcome home budgie :cool:

Matt
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was right, Budgie was just on loan :wink: :wink:

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14 ... zsdtis.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome home Joe ????????