Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The pound is the lowest value since 1985 - "the pound will recover" yeah ok that's how global finance networks work isn't it? No it could take decades to recover.

It's that small mindedness and lack of real plan which I thought would stop this ridiculously horrendous choice being made

But no the "foreigners tekkin our jobs init!" Lot have just started the apocalypse of the U.K. Economy See how clever it is when all the prices go up and the wages go down and there's no nhs

I am in no brigade I have a family with grand children. Have worked in the nhs for last 23 years.And that has been going down hill for years so don't blame Brexit for that. Stick with live facts not conjecture of what might be. We have 2 family run buisnesses and don't mind who works in this country. Please note the word WORKS.So don't stereo type people on ther reasons for voting out because you dont have a reasonable argument.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The pound is the lowest value since 1985 - "the pound will recover" yeah ok that's how global finance networks work isn't it? No it could take decades to recover.

It's that small mindedness and lack of real plan which I thought would stop this ridiculously horrendous choice being made

But no the "foreigners tekkin our jobs init!" Lot have just started the apocalypse of the U.K. Economy See how clever it is when all the prices go up and the wages go down and there's no nhs

I am in no brigade I have a family with grand children. Have worked in the nhs for last 23 years.And that has been going down hill for years so don't blame Brexit for that. Stick with live facts not conjecture of what might be. We have 2 family run buisnesses and don't mind who works in this country. Please note the word WORKS.So don't stereo type people on ther reasons for voting out because you dont have a reasonable argument.
Where did I say people who don't work? Immigration was the corner stone of the leave campaign

If you work for the nhs and you voted leave then you've basically voted to put you job at risk - oh and you know your 33 days annual leave that will be down to 25 very soon as was the plan if leave vote was passed
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I'm with you Dave this is a vote that's been done on emotion rather than sense and will plunge the uk into dark times. Already the lies are unfolding the 350 mil extra for the nhs oh yeah didn't exist and that's the tip of the iceberg

The under 30s have voted to remain and had their future destroyed by the people who will not even see out how bad a choice this is

Not the under 30s that I spoke to. The majority wanted out and immigration was NOT an issue!
Look at the official Propaganda
There, fixed it for you :thum:
Wigan_forever1985

The difference is like this

Pro remain were giving accurate predictions of what would happen financially with statistical evidence of we left that is already starting to be proved right

Pro leave just kept saying lets make Britain great again

I can stare at a plate of beans and say lets make these beans steak but it will never change the actual contents of the plate
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Where did I say people who don't work? Immigration was the corner stone of the leave campaign

If you work for the nhs and you voted leave then you've basically voted to put you job at risk - oh and you know your 33 days annual leave that will be down to 25 very soon as was the plan if leave vote was passed
There you go again. My job as been at risk for the last 5 years with the threat of going out to private sector and still is. And no they won't go down in fact they will go higher after 25 years service by a day per year set in stone. Fact Not the fiction you are trying to metor out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

And I make no apologies for saying you are talking complete garbage. You can get off bandwagon of scaremongering now as it is done. We have finally got a country back with its own voice. I can honestly say hand on heart this morning I am proud to have voted out and proud to be British. We can now become that bulldog again instead of the lambs led on a lead.
I will be proved right. I already have been with what has happened to the £ and shares. You are worse off and if you have a pension its value has just tanked.

The FTSE 100 has crashed.

Some shares have lost a third of their value. Housebuilders Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon have dropped by 40%.

Think this is a blip? Think it will be over by next week? It's just started.

So whatever you mean this "We can now become that bulldog again ....."? and however you expect to do it, it won't be on the back of economic prosperity.

Wigan_forever1985

There you go again. My job as been at risk for the last 5 years with the threat of going out to private sector and still is. And no they won't go down in fact they will go higher after 25 years service by a day per year set in stone. Fact Not the fiction you are trying to metor out.
work as a senior manager in the nhs and I'm telling you from directors of finanace and hr directors this is the case

It was the same when people said they can't freeze the increments that was set in stone but guess what they did

I don't know what level you are in the organisation and I wouldn't like to guess but ask your hr director the annual leave entitlement was reviewed this year and it was agreed that it would be lowered, it was also stated that brexit would make it easier as it would weaken the unions

Also you say your job has been at risk as has mine under the current government but the next leader will be a Tory and will be in full unequivocal control of the budget and the nhs funding will be reduced further and will probably be privatised
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: There you go again. My job as been at risk for the last 5 years with the threat of going out to private sector and still is. And no they won't go down in fact they will go higher after 25 years service by a day per year set in stone. Fact Not the fiction you are trying to metor out.
It's clear you blame all the problem you see in the EU and can't see the problems in the NHS are self inflicted by our very own government(s).

And if you think your conditions are set in stone I suggest you ask local government employees about things like their pensions.

My son has fortunately just got a job on leaving Uni and in his contract he has been asked to sign a waver on not working more than 48 hours in a week. That 48 hours is (or was) a result the EU working time directive. Only in place because of the EU.

The UK govt opposed it and indeed secured this very opt out to allow employees to wave the right but of course it should be obvious it is companies that will in the vast majority of cases want employees to wave the right as it is here.

I expect that to be one of the first EU safeguards to go.

So, does getting the bulldog spirit back mean working 60 hours a week with no protection to prevent this being forced on you or else you being told to take a hike?

jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I'm with you Dave this is a vote that's been done on emotion rather than sense and will plunge the uk into dark times. Already the lies are unfolding the 350 mil extra for the nhs oh yeah didn't exist and that's the tip of the iceberg

The under 30s have voted to remain and had their future destroyed by the people who will not even see out how bad a choice this is

Not the under 30s that I spoke to. The majority wanted out and immigration was NOT an issue!
Take it this was in Wigan?

There are reports saying that up to 70% of our yoof voted to remain.

The main brexit support came from the plus 50's, with huge support from pensioners.

It'll be interesting to see how the largest group of benefits recipients in the UK, pensioners, fare with their state pensions and various other benefits in the years to come.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:

And I make no apologies for saying you are talking complete garbage. You can get off bandwagon of scaremongering now as it is done. We have finally got a country back with its own voice. I can honestly say hand on heart this morning I am proud to have voted out and proud to be British. We can now become that bulldog again instead of the lambs led on a lead.
I will be proved right. I already have been with what has happened to the £ and shares. You are worse off and if you have a pension its value has just tanked.

The FTSE 100 has crashed.

Some shares have lost a third of their value. Housebuilders Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon have dropped by 40%.

Think this is a blip? Think it will be over by next week? It's just started.

So whatever you mean this "We can now become that bulldog again ....."? and however you expect to do it, it won't be on the back of economic prosperity.
What does this mean for homebuyers DaveO?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett