Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

Re: Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote:At 27 with a mortgage and a kid, i feel extremely disappointed with the result today.

the pound has already plumited,

Farage already admitted on live TV after it was confirmed
the money saved will not likely be going to the NHS and that it was a mistake to use that as a advert in the campaign.

people have just let Ian Duncan Smith/Nigel Farage/Micheal Gove/ Boris Johnson get what they wanted and although No one nows how this will effect everyone long term one main thing can be known,

with the current GOV, the brunt of what is to come will be felt by normal everyday working and middle class families.
But in fairness they are the one's who voted for it.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:But at least Britain will be a bulldog again eh dave
Pick your dummy up ffs
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Cheers for that DaveO, I have just bought a new home and organised my mortgage on a low fixed rate so I guess I got it just at the right time yes?
Probably.

Having said that could I have got the house cheaper if waited?
Depends what you mean by "cheaper". If housing prices crash on the back of interest rate rises you would have still had to pay the higher interest rates had you waited.

I always view my mortgage as a rent. So what I pay a month is what bothers me. Not the value of the house I live inas I am not looking to move or try and get cash out of it.

Assuming you are happy with how much you pay a month, don't care if your house is going to be worth less than what you paid for it then I'd not worry in the short term given you got a fixed rate.

If you have to or want to move then things will potentially be a problem.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wintergreen wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:At 27 with a mortgage and a kid, i feel extremely disappointed with the result today.

the money saved will not likely be going to the NHS and that it was a mistake to use that as a advert in the campaign.

people have just let Ian Duncan Smith/Nigel Farage/Micheal Gove/ Boris Johnson get what they wanted and although No one nows how this will effect everyone long term one main thing can be known,

with the current GOV, the brunt of what is to come will be felt by normal everyday working and middle class families.
That is the irony of it. Like I said before, Turkey's voting for Christmas.

Get your country back? It's just been handed to the ultra right wing.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote:

in fairness the actually stats are showing, its the 50 plus part of the population that have mainly voted out with the 20/30/40 voting remain.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Caboosegg wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:

in fairness the actually stats are showing, its the 50 plus part of the population that have mainly voted out with the 20/30/40 voting remain.
Have you got a link for this?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Cheers for that DaveO, I have just bought a new home and organised my mortgage on a low fixed rate so I guess I got it just at the right time yes?
Probably.

Having said that could I have got the house cheaper if waited?
Depends what you mean by "cheaper". If housing prices crash on the back of interest rate rises you would have still had to pay the higher interest rates had you waited.

I always view my mortgage as a rent. So what I pay a month is what bothers me. Not the value of the house I live inas I am not looking to move or try and get cash out of it.

Assuming you are happy with how much you pay a month, don't care if your house is going to be worth less than what you paid for it then I'd not worry in the short term given you got a fixed rate.

If you have to or want to move then things will potentially be a problem.
Cheers again, we move in to our new build at the end of august and the mortgage etc. is all finalised so at this moment in time think we have timed it just right. We will not be looking to move for a very long time if at all!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Cheers again, we move in to our new build at the end of august and the mortgage etc. is all finalised so at this moment in time think we have timed it just right. We will not be looking to move for a very long time if at all!!
Well at least there is one positive story on this glum day in history.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I am also a senior manager. Suggest your finance have been fed same bull as you.
BriH

Post by BriH »

As most of you know, I live in Germany.

Whilst disappointed with the Brexit result I'm not wholly surprised.

We are now entering a period of instability and uncertainty.

We will stay here for the foreseeable future but we can always pack our bags and come home to Dear Old Blighty if we have to.

I hope everything works out for all of us but ...............it is definitely a leap in the dark.

To finish, I know an ex-pat who lives in Italy - a WW2 veteran coming up to 95.. I spoke to him today and he's comment was " You don't knock a house down if it only needs decorating!"