EU ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
BriH

Re: EU ?

Post by BriH »

Latest betting at Ladbrokes is

Leave 5:1

Stay 1:7

That's where the smart money is!

Two days ago it was 2:1 and 1:2

I think the Bookies got it right with the Scottish Referendum too!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Great day for Joe Public saying enough is enough to excessive layers of politicians, money being wasted and freedome to decide back onthe agenda.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

As a result of the decision by the people of saying enough is enough, surely it should be celebrated each year on the 23th June with a days holiday called Independence Day.

If the Americans can have one to celebrate the end of British rule, surely we can do likewise to celebrate our freedom from the yoke of EU rule.

Rule Britannia, I say!

i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Of all the comments made by people from around the world this morning, two of them get to the crux of the problems with the EU.

"That is a catastrophic result for Britain and also for Europe and Germany, especially the German economy. It is disturbing that the oldest democracy in the world turns its back on us." - Anton Boerner

"Now to the other member states to save the EU from unraveling which excludes business as usual, especially in Brussels. Reform or die!" - Gerard Araud

I've advocated all along that a common market is/was a good idea. The issue has been the slow creep towards ever closer union and a federal Europe. Free trade between European countries never required any sort of political union, and the interference by the European institutions into purely domestic issues, unrelated to trade, has become more and more intrusive as the move towards ever closer union has gathered pace.

My belief is that this decision will shake the EU to its foundations, and now it must change. It has to become more democratically accountable, and it has to move back towards its original aim of being a trading partnership. The European institutions will wake up this morning and they will be pondering how to hold the union together. Now they will truly have to reform.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

i'm spartacus wrote:Of all the comments made by people from around the world this morning, two of them get to the crux of the problems with the EU.

"That is a catastrophic result for Britain and also for Europe and Germany, especially the German economy. It is disturbing that the oldest democracy in the world turns its back on us." - Anton Boerner

"Now to the other member states to save the EU from unraveling which excludes business as usual, especially in Brussels. Reform or die!" - Gerard Araud

I've advocated all along that a common market is/was a good idea. The issue has been the slow creep towards ever closer union and a federal Europe. Free trade between European countries never required any sort of political union, and the interference by the European institutions into purely domestic issues, unrelated to trade, has become more and more intrusive as the move towards ever closer union has gathered pace.

My belief is that this decision will shake the EU to its foundations, and now it must change. It has to become more democratically accountable, and it has to move back towards its original aim of being a trading partnership. The European institutions will wake up this morning and they will be pondering how to hold the union together. Now they will truly have to reform.
Hopefully the other countries who are also not happy with the EU and the way it is being dominated by Germany will follow suit and withdraw.