Good End

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Good End

Post by ChrisA »

Today was a good end to a very poor season. We played well today and showed alot of skill with the ball in hand, there were a few dodgy passses but all in all we looked alot more confident when we had the ball.

Once concern which I have had for a while is the fact that alot of the tries we concede come directly after we concede a penalty, it happened twice again today and we also conceeded from the resulting set after we knocked on in our own half.

All in all though we are a much improved team and to say we have all the players out we have and the amount of youngsters we have had to play, it is quite an accomplishment, as Millward said we have won 7 from our last 10 games so we are one of the from teams in the league.

Its also good to see that the players really are responding to Millward and the way he wants his teams to play, the players seem to love him and judging from the crowds recently the majority of fans have warmed to him immensely.

It was good to see another great game from Orr, he scored one try and set up 3 others I think(definatly 2). His kicking was spot on all game and his defence was solid as usual, and how about the try saver on Thorman, that was maybe the tackle of the sason for us.
Godwin was superb on his first game back after a very long lay off, he deserved the rest when he got subbed.
All in all it was good day, its good to finish on a win, and now the players who will be with us next years have time to get fully fit and get whatever operations or injuries sorted out.
The reaction from the crowd at the end when they did a lap was superb and really showed that even after a long dissapointing season that the fans are really behind the team and not as fickle as some people like to make out, Carney just didnt want to leave the pitch, Millward had a great smile on his face and went and congratulated every single player on our team whilst they were applauding the fans, like i say it was a good day to finish off a very hard season.
Roll on next year eh.
cpwigan

Re: Good End

Post by cpwigan »

Penalties are very important in determining the flow of the game particularly now teams rarely opt for 2 points preferring to keep the pressure on the opposition. Hence, far more tries following penalties conceded ;)

Still think a low penalty count match is a better spectacle
Leyland-Warrior

Post by Leyland-Warrior »

I thought the fans reaction was great today, true loyal supporters, worst season since 1984 I think, but what about the Huddersfield lot, streamed out when we scored that last try and missed the best kick of the match!

I think this season has got everyone rallied round the team and next season the atmosphere is going to be something special.

The show from the kids today was v good coupled with the new signings, cant wait fot the fixture list especially booking that away trip to France!

Drink until I die, drink until I die, I know I will, I,m sure I will drink until I die.....
botica

Post by botica »

Great end to a rubbish season.Pity really but at least a line can be drawn now and focus on next season. C'mon You wigan 2006 is ours! :roll:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010