Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

Re: Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Post by Wintergreen »

Firstly DaveO stop nicking my points. I had posted that link days ago :D

Secondly I'm Spartacus

1. London DOES subsidise Wigan (forget the EU, there are net cash outflows of London to the North West)

2. Once Article 50 is invoked we WILL be on a one-way path to leave the EU.

By the way and for the record I am not a massive Europhile. There are many many problems with the EU. I just feel that we would be better staying in, and have seen little to make me change my mind since last Friday.
Peter252

Post by Peter252 »

Nothing wrong at all with the Norway agreement as long as you don't want to take part in the actual decsion making.
They have full access to the free market, give full access to free movement of people, including Shengen arrangements, pay into the central fund and have enacted over 75% of the EU legislation.

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I wish I had seen this before the vote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Peter252

Post by Peter252 »

Very good perspective on Johnson's future DaveO. Some one in the Guardian today mentioned Kiplings poem The Dying Statesman. He could have written it for Johnson and Gove

I could not dig;I dare not rob,
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What take shall serve me now among
Mine angry and defrauded young.
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Peter252 wrote:Nothing wrong at all with the Norway agreement as long as you don't want to take part in the actual decsion making.
They have full access to the free market, give full access to free movement of people, including Shengen arrangements, pay into the central fund and have enacted over 75% of the EU legislation.

Most people who voted to leave don't want free movement of people and this will be the biggest sticking point of any agreement with the EU. Everybody will feel let down and realise we have made a massive mistake to trust people like Johnson.The north will be the loser again,when will we wake up and realise to trust aright wing government is pure folly
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

nellywelly wrote:
Peter252 wrote:Nothing wrong at all with the Norway agreement as long as you don't want to take part in the actual decsion making.

Most people who voted to leave don't want free movement of people and this will be the biggest sticking point of any agreement with the EU. Everybody will feel let down and realise we have made a massive mistake to trust people like Johnson.The north will be the loser again,when will we wake up and realise to trust aright wing government is pure folly
Spot on North a centre left area just took us out of Europe and will lose the most.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote:
nellywelly wrote:

Spot on North a centre left area just took us out of Europe and will lose the most.
Forgetting the referendum and its result,does anyone think the UK parliament will vote against leaving the EU?

As far as im aware it wasnt a legally binding vote the other day was it?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

medlocke wrote:
Mike wrote:
medlocke wrote:I really am embarrassed for you now Dave, i thought you would have worked out that those posts where little bit's of bait put out to entice a comment from you fanatical Bremainers IE Banter, i don't read the daily papers, i only watch SKY news and as i have stated on other comments i had made my decision over 2 years ago. It's a shame really as you where one of only a handful of posters on here who i'd had respect for, it has now gone following your disgusting behaviour over Brexit :angry:
Ha ha ha, sky news, as an example of a better source of news? Jeez meds. You've been taken in without even realising. A cardinal sin for a troll? :lol: :lol: :lol:
fuck the lot of you, had enough, i'm gone

:lol: Touche! Although I am leaving this shitty racist little insignificant island. You are welcome to it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Wintergreen wrote:Firstly DaveO stop nicking my points. I had posted that link days ago :D

Secondly I'm Spartacus

1. London DOES subsidise Wigan (forget the EU, there are net cash outflows of London to the North West)
And your evidence for this conclusion is where?
2. Once Article 50 is invoked we WILL be on a one-way path to leave the EU.
Which is exactly what I said, but unfortunately not what you said which was:
The fact that until Article 50 is invoked we are still in the EU
On any reading of that sentence means that once Article 50 is invoked, we are out of the EU. The fact is that we will not be out of the EU for another 2 years beyond the date the Article 50 notice is given, and in that 2 year period, anything can happen.

There is no one-way path.

Both Germany and France have elections next year, and the populous of both countries could very well return with A Government that is more aligned with with the British view. Many of the EU member states are already more aligned with a British position, and despite the rhetoric of Juncker, who doesn't speak for the heads of Government, there will have to be some serious analyses of how they could hurt their own economies through ill considered decisions

i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

fozzieskem wrote:
thegimble wrote:
nellywelly wrote:Most people who voted to leave don't want free movement of people and this will be the biggest sticking point of any agreement with the EU. Everybody will feel let down and realise we have made a massive mistake to trust people like Johnson.The north will be the loser again,when will we wake up and realise to trust aright wing government is pure folly
Forgetting the referendum and its result,does anyone think the UK parliament will vote against leaving the EU?

As far as im aware it wasnt a legally binding vote the other day was it?
The UK Parliament doesn't get to vote on leaving the EU. We had the vote, the single issue referendum returned in favour of leaving.

The Prime Minister makes the decision as he or she has the prerogative