Catalan game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Catalan game

Post by Wandering Warrior »

josie andrews wrote:When we bought our tickets from Wigan the day they went on sale we asked for a row low down because I can't climb too many steps.

Our seats were on the very back row! There was no way I could walk up to them after already climbing up about 20 steps just to get to the seating area. There aren't any lifts & I wasn't the only one to suffer.

I asked the chief security fella how was I supposed to get up there? He looked at my ticket took one look at me & just said 'no, no! You sit there' which was the front row. He then waved his arm to indicate the whole of the block I was in & the next block saying 'no reserved seating'!

Almost everyone sat where they wanted with no falling out & no bother ????
You need a lift ticket at OT Josie, as you probably Know? I asked them to finally remove my details and stop mithering me from a situation when Madge was coach.
You're lucky you didn't get told to go away cos we are not in Europe anymore and you're Johnny Foreigner!
:wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Edinburgh warrior I think I saw this group being abusive and assume it was you, they were bang out of order and how one of you never grabbed hold of the younger one with the sunglasses on I will never know.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Just to emphasise i am not saying we were picked on because of our nationalities just we happened to be in the wrong (or right place as it happens lol) at the wrong time . We have plenty similar up here.

Thanks and Regards , EW
Were they the same bunch of tossers who ran onto the pitch after the final whistle?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Edinburgh warrior I think I saw this group being abusive and assume it was you, they were bang out of order and how one of you never grabbed hold of the younger one with the sunglasses on I will never know.
He was the one with the mouth

Believe me it was a struggle to prevent my lad facing them up after the name he called me and the Irish lady in our group. He probably didn't care about the names i was getting called (ha ha ha) but there was no way he was having a lady spoken to like that. It really stuck in my throat walking away from them but taking them on would have served no purpose and caused grief for all the decent Wigan fans around about us .It would have spoiled what was a fantastic weekend.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Kittwazzer wrote:
EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Just to emphasise i am not saying we were picked on because of our nationalities just we happened to be in the wrong (or right place as it happens lol) at the wrong time . We have plenty similar up here.

Thanks and Regards , EW
Were they the same bunch of tossers who ran onto the pitch after the final whistle?
I think you might be very close to the mark with that assumption.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
cumbria_warrior wrote:Edinburgh warrior I think I saw this group being abusive and assume it was you, they were bang out of order and how one of you never grabbed hold of the younger one with the sunglasses on I will never know.

Believe me it was a struggle to prevent my lad facing them up after the name he called me and the Irish lady in our group. He probably didn't care about the names i was getting called (ha ha ha) but there was no way he was having a lady spoken to like that. It really stuck in my throat walking away from them but taking them on would have served no purpose and caused grief for all the decent Wigan fans around about us .It would have spoiled what was a fantastic weekend.

Regards , EW
You've all done well by walking away and not kicking off EW, that to me is true rugby league supporters.
The scum element needs removing from our game, which I don't think is helped by retaliation in the terraces.
I think you've done the right thing EW, by reporting the incident which will hopefully get followed up with the scum bags identified.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kittwazzer wrote:

Thanks and Regards , EW
I think you might be very close to the mark with that assumption.

Regards , EW
Crowd I was with recognised them as known trouble makers. Especially the one the steward caught at the barrier and tipped him arse over. I believe he also attended the Euros for the same reason!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Panchitta Marra wrote:

Regards , EW
You've all done well by walking away and not kicking off EW, that to me is true rugby league supporters.
The scum element needs removing from our game, which I don't think is helped by retaliation in the terraces.
I think you've done the right thing EW, by reporting the incident which will hopefully get followed up with the scum bags identified.
Couldn't agree more. Nice one EW.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Agree with all comments re Sutton, Isa and whole team. Gildart worth a mention too, not just for his superb try, but he's gone from promising youngster to the real deal IMO.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐