LEE MOSSOP

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: LEE MOSSOP

Post by jobo »

God wrote:Out of the above mentioned I would only have Bowden as a replacement for Mossop but he didn't want to come and signed a new deal with Hull.

Mossop is a better player than all that has been mentioned so far.
Too true about Mossop.

He's come back from injuries that would have made people of lesser character and strength take up knitting instead.

I suppose it is the right of some paying fans to whinge about him whilst he's building form and confidence but he's nearly there.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote:
God wrote:Out of the above mentioned I would only have Bowden as a replacement for Mossop but he didn't want to come and signed a new deal with Hull.

Too true about Mossop.

He's come back from injuries that would have made people of lesser character and strength take up knitting instead.

I suppose it is the right of some paying fans to whinge about him whilst he's building form and confidence but he's nearly there.
So what is your excuse for him pre injury, one great season under Madge and he is untouchables, recent troubles have shown us that
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:
jobo wrote:

Too true about Mossop.

So what is your excuse for him pre injury, one great season under Madge and he is untouchables, recent troubles have shown us that
Think he was developing when Madge was in charge, he came to the fore during our double season.

I just think he's a very good player who's had his career put on hold by severe injuries, from which he's shown a strong character and fought back from. He isn't quite at the level he's capable of but getting there.
Also think the club should be commended to have supported him during this comeback.

At the moment, I'd put Scot Taylor, Hill, Stewart and Walmsley in front of him. Think by the end of the season provided he avoids injury, Mossop will be up there with the best of them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Walmsley averages about 16 minutes per game, he is the new Feka!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

The Bowden deal is exactly my point, the days of us signing whoever we want whenever we want are long gone.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote:
medlocke wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: Hi Meds. I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you about Moose, but I'm afraid you have misunderstood the spreadsheet with Wigan's club stats.

Mossop is 27th in number of tries scored (the first column). If you want to put the squad in order of how many tackles they've made, for example, click or tap "TK" at the top of the 3rd column. You'll find that Mossop is now 5th with 441.

Similarly for any other column.

Hope this helps.
just going off what i saw on that page, i'm not really into stats so as you say i've probably misunderstood them, cheers, i shall go have another scan
OK, he's not 27th,
but he is

26th for try assists with 0
5th for missed tackles with 32
17th for tackle busts with 9
9th for carries with 180
9th for metres with 1364
21st for clean breaks with 1
14th for offloads with 4

not exactly the stats you would imagine for such a high payed player
He is normally third man in on the tackle so 32 missed tackles must be a high percentage of his one on one efforts!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jobo wrote:
medlocke wrote:
jobo wrote: Too true about Mossop.

Think he was developing when Madge was in charge, he came to the fore during our double season.

I just think he's a very good player who's had his career put on hold by severe injuries, from which he's shown a strong character and fought back from. He isn't quite at the level he's capable of but getting there.
Also think the club should be commended to have supported him during this comeback.

At the moment, I'd put Scot Taylor, Hill, Stewart and Walmsley in front of him. Think by the end of the season provided he avoids injury, Mossop will be up there with the best of them.[/quote

I'd put Flower, Sutton, Clubb and Teatowel ahead of him.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
doc

Post by doc »

EGP accepted for trip on Gigot that got him binned.

1 match ban for trip on Stewart in last minute.

Could have done with delaying Burke's departure for a week!

Fortunately Wakey have had England bannee for 2 matches.

http://www.rugby-league.com/superleague ... ers-banned
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

One trip is bad enough but 2 in a match? Hope the club are having serious words with him. Too good a player to stoop to that level - might be a sign that he is struggling with either, pace or the ability to turn quickly. Maybe the original injury is playing up?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

How stupid to do anything in the 80th minute.

An interesting one. Our reserve match, the Saints player got 5 matched. For me if it was a SL game how often does anybody get 5 matches. Lower leagues get treated more harshly IMO.

The craz one is James Green. A real loose cannon who wants a punch up at the slightest knock.