Hicks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SJ

Re: Hicks

Post by SJ »

TT had a good game so did George. Good come back. We'll be OK for saints game Ref poor
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

There will be 2 Players up on charges after this game. Tautai for a cannonball tackle, and Charnley for making contact with the referee. Guarantee that none of the Leeds players will be called to answer for the endless swinging arms and high shots.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Ryan "sooty" Sutton Josie.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Sutty..... Damn spell checker
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cherry.pie wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:
ian.birchall wrote: Hi Kiwi. Got to disagree with you about the penalty against Charnley. I think that was where the match was lost since after two storming breaks from Tierney and Charnley the Leeds defence was all over the field and we should have had a try after the PTB but Charnley made a complete farce of trying to get up and play the ball as he desperately looked for a penalty and if he had simply concentrated on getting up fast and playing the ball fast we would have scored and Leeds would have collapsed sooner. I do repeat my grumble that Hicks is not fit to be even a linesman though.
In my opinion Charnley did everything right. He went for a fast PTB and was impeded causing him to fall. He had regained his feet and placed the ball correctly and was then toppled by a slow tackler. Definite penalty to Wigan but he clown with the whistle decided against that. It was the turning point in the game. Hicks isn't fit to referee a lower league, second string game of tiddly winks, let alone SL.
I have to back up Ian on this having watched the game this morning. Charnley made an excellent break and needed to play the ball quickly to exploit the defence but instead he moved forward off the mark trying to milk the penalty. The Leeds player clamped the ball in the tackle but he let go before Charnley started pushing forward. Then he put the ball on the ground to milk it some more and Hicks had no option but to penalise him. It was dumb play.
I will just ask one question, 'In all the times that exact same thing happens, how many times have you seen the attacking team punished?'!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The problem last night was that leeda ahowed a winning tactic v wigab. Namely. Bomb the wingers and stop us from getting a tackle 1 and 2 roll on.Predictability is a curse. I hope Wane does not ignore it bexause we need a plan b. We need to focus uponourselves;referees always suck
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry.pie wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
5miler wrote:Granted,Hicks was reffing at his usual standard but we can't use that for excuses for bad decisions by the lads. Josh should have taken half a second longer getting up,Leeds players were all over the place. How many times did we kick on 3rd and 4th tackle and who lost the plan for running plays. The line was way too flat for long periods. We need bodies back in the forward line,the lads look knackered. Sooty and Manfredi shouldn't have played by all accounts due to illness. Hats off to them for putting their hands to play. How unfit are Leeds? Lilley and co going down all second half with cramp. Lilley eventually subbed when he could no longer use his leg. Great game for TT. Some big last ditch tackles by him.
Who is "Sooty"??
????????
5miler wrote:Sutty..... Damn spell checker
????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:The problem last night was that leeda ahowed a winning tactic v wigab. Namely. Bomb the wingers and stop us from getting a tackle 1 and 2 roll on.Predictability is a curse. I hope Wane does not ignore it bexause we need a plan b. We need to focus uponourselves;referees always suck
Is there something wrong with your keyboard cp? ⌨⌨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

5miler wrote:Sutty..... Damn spell checker
I have the same problem smiler, my spell checker is garbage, I'm often re-editing threads three or four times after submitting them. ????????
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Joie no idea why as I use Firefox but wvwey web site works fin, this one at a guess I think it is 6 font, anywhere between 4 to 8, certainly no more than 8.