Team for tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Team for tonight

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Must be an outsider looking in (in a where i live sense) but i dont hate any team . The only problem i have is with Wire fans (not all obviously) but when we play them i always feel a bit uneasy in and out of the Stadium . Go to Wembley every year(flights and hotel booked for this year again) regardless of who's playing but i dont think i will be at the match If Wire are there and Wigan not . Thats the only time i think twice about wearing Wigan colours.

Just a few days in the smoke instead . Maybye my daughter will take me to the "Rave thingy lol" on Clapham Common she is going too on the Saturday". Live in hope but dont think that will happen eiher . Billy no mates me lol .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
OJ

Post by OJ »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote: The only problem i have is with Wire fans (not all obviously) but when we play them i always feel a bit uneasy in and out of the Stadium . Go to Wembley every year(flights and hotel booked for this year again) regardless of who's playing but i dont think i will be at the match If Wire are there and Wigan not . Thats the only time i think twice about wearing Wigan colours.
I live in Warrington and it's very uncomfortable doing so when rugby league is the issue. I know quite a few Wire fans and they are totally fine but I equally know some whose hatred of Wigan in particular knows no bounds. I'll never forget the day we played Catalan Dragons in the CC semi at the HJ and if I ignore the fact that the club shop was selling shirts supporting Catalan, that Lee Briers was there in his Catalan shirt and that the Warrington club in general seemed to be pushing support for the French I will never forget the embarrassment I felt on leaving the stadium when Wire fans were in groups outside local pubs throwing foul mouthed abuse at anyone in a Wigan shirt. Adults could cope with it but the number of children in tears that day was appalling. I believe quite a few cars had missiles thrown at them on the A49 and I was just totally ashamed of the place that day and have never been to a game at the HJ since
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ian.birchall wrote:
God wrote:
medlocke wrote:Leeds 1
Warrington 2
Castleford 3
Saints 4
Wakefield 5
Hull KR 6
Hull 7
Huddersfield 8
Catalans 9
Widnes 10
Salford 11
+1 I would go with this too.
What is the matter with all you plonkers? This is a Wigan fans website. Anyone who does not have Stains at the top of their list should be barred. ????
I'll second that.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
God wrote: +1 I would go with this too.
What is the matter with all you plonkers? This is a Wigan fans website. Anyone who does not have Stains at the top of their list should be barred. ????
I'll second that thought about sintelins being top of my dislike list.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: What is the matter with all you plonkers? This is a Wigan fans website. Anyone who does not have Stains at the top of their list should be barred. ????
I better be banned then! Bye

IMO it's a healthy rivalry/respect between the two clubs.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Last Wigan/Saints game I went to I saw a young 'Romeo and Juliet' couple, she in a Saints shirt, he in a Wigan one, holding hands. They couldn't have been more than 15-16. I thought it was so sweet! :)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
God wrote: +1 I would go with this too.
I'll second that.
Saints have become a joke in recent seasons, therefore i dropped them to 4th place, there was only so many Grand Finals they could lose before feeling sorry for them :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

OJ wrote:
EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote: The only problem i have is with Wire fans (not all obviously) but when we play them i always feel a bit uneasy in and out of the Stadium . Go to Wembley every year(flights and hotel booked for this year again) regardless of who's playing but i dont think i will be at the match If Wire are there and Wigan not . Thats the only time i think twice about wearing Wigan colours.
I live in Warrington and it's very uncomfortable doing so when rugby league is the issue. I know quite a few Wire fans and they are totally fine but I equally know some whose hatred of Wigan in particular knows no bounds. I'll never forget the day we played Catalan Dragons in the CC semi at the HJ and if I ignore the fact that the club shop was selling shirts supporting Catalan, that Lee Briers was there in his Catalan shirt and that the Warrington club in general seemed to be pushing support for the French I will never forget the embarrassment I felt on leaving the stadium when Wire fans were in groups outside local pubs throwing foul mouthed abuse at anyone in a Wigan shirt. Adults could cope with it but the number of children in tears that day was appalling. I believe quite a few cars had missiles thrown at them on the A49 and I was just totally ashamed of the place that day and have never been to a game at the HJ since
I was at Wilderspool at the Locker Cup game in 1978. Trouble on and off the pitch. George Fairburn sent off. We decided to leave early to beat the traffic but were met on the outside by the scumbags who had been ejected earlier and they kicked the crap out of us. They were only kids but we were heavily outnumbered. To this day I still swear that their ginger four-eyed ringleader that day was a young Chris Evans!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
OJ wrote:
I was at Wilderspool at the Locker Cup game in 1978. Trouble on and off the pitch. George Fairburn sent off. We decided to leave early to beat the traffic but were met on the outside by the scumbags who had been ejected earlier and they kicked the crap out of us. They were only kids but we were heavily outnumbered. To this day I still swear that their ginger four-eyed ringleader that day was a young Chris Evans!
Battered by Chris Evans? I'd have kept that one quiet ????????????