Hicks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
4 Generations

Re: Hicks

Post by 4 Generations »

I hate Leedds to begin with.Then the Ref is another factor.We turn up with less than half a side.Half that side dont turn up to play for the badge/shirt.The display was far from being,,,,,
Short tale to sum up
I was on coach returning from a lads trip a few moons ago.Sat with Shaun Wayne,ged burn and many other retired RL legends.I think the big fella SW summed it up.
I would play for Wigan for Nowt,its about the shirt,pride and HART.
Ther Pey Harts.
I think one or two fell into that area on friday. .

As for the Ref.I think they sourced him via the lucky bag mentioned in another thread.
4G
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Oddly enough, he is refereeing their game v HKR on Thursday!

If Leeds win that game, they will be guaranteed FOUR HOME GAMES in the Middle 8's!!

How convenient!! :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

In fairness Leeds should beat hull or because hull kr are pretty hit and miss,Leeds have seemed to be sorting themselves out on the field,nothing to do with whoever is referring the game.
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

Just watched the first half Leeds v Hull KR and Hicks is at it again, offsides, holding down, a high tackle similar to Sean's and a potential shoulder charge....all without a penalty????????????????????????
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Hicks did well with that try. Two offsides missed, even though the touch-judge told him about at least one of them!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Its time for Hicks to call time on his career,that was shocking performance tonight,inept and seemingly very uncomfortable at the sight of a split lip more than keeping his eyes on what was going on the pitch.

Leeds poor again just that KR was worse made for very poor viewing
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sad to say Hicks should be in armature rugby just like his performance tonight totally disgusting - 10
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Dire,even by his standards. A few of the refs seem to be playing a game of "who can be the worst this week". Even overruling the linesman who comes onto the pitch to tell him about offside at the kick. Head shots barely a penalty. Putting it on report several tackles later. Do us a favour guys, either referee the games properly or just get yourselves a new career as traffic wardens.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Beat me to it - it was an indescribably bad performance by a referee.