Challenge cup final. Wigan, Hull FC, Warrington, Wafefield Trinity. Biggest crowd.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
down under

Challenge cup final. Wigan, Hull FC, Warrington, Wafefield Trinity. Biggest crowd.

Post by down under »

I'm in London for up to ten weeks and am hoping to attend my second Challenge cup final this year.

Which clubs are likely to draw the biggest crowd for the final?

The reason I ask this is because I went to the 2011 Challenge cup final and was disappointed with the crowd size. I estimate that the stadium was only three quarters full (maybe less). The atmosphere wasn't quite what I was expecting when compared to some of the Challenge cup finals I watched as a child.

Is a Wigan vs Wakefield Trinity final likely to draw a capacity stadium considering Wakefield Trinity have not been to the final for such a long time?
Wandering Warrior

Re: Challenge cup final. Wigan, Hull FC, Warrington, Wafefield Trinity. Biggest crowd.

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If Friday is out to go by it will be hull v Warrington and that should be a good crowd!
Hull, for various reasons, have never won the challenge cup at Wembley, which is a stigma for them!
"Old Faithful, you've never won at Wembley!" :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield