Huge game v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Huge gave v Hull

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

SJ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:Hull are not worried.
I am!!
Don't worry TBW I can feel SW'S cunning plans coming together :cool:
We have to have faith Jim!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:Hull are not worried.
I am!!
No point in us turning up then! I bet Hull wish they were playing one of the other two teams in the comp. We are rank underdogs and that will suit us fine, the bookies are only giving us two start so they don't share everybody's optimism. I personally think it will be a very tight game.
Don't get me wrong SEFC, I genuinely believe we can win IF we play like we can I think we will! However, after Friday obviously some doubts have crept in but an animal is at its most dangerous when wounded and Jesus Christ we are wounded!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
4 Generations

Re: Huge game v Hull

Post by 4 Generations »

I get to every game i can.Always have.Hull are a good side,but ther hardly invincible.The decision to play at DonKiAsster is poor.Friday Night makes travel a little more interesting also.

I would have a two leg event.Away and home game.The one with the most
dropped balls wins,weve a chance in.
Will we win- ABSOLUTELY YES.100% SURE.Rugby needs Wigan at the top and in finals.

4G

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote:
God wrote:
Josie, are you sure about the 2,500? I read somewhere that they have sold 6,500. It is a dismal following but the RFL should have designated a ground with easier access from the strategic road network!
And been more sensible on the pricing structure I would suggest.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote:
God wrote:There is approx 1500 and that's it. How crap is that?

Hull have only about 2500! And they only have 45 miles to get there! We have the nightmare of the M60 & M62 to traverse on a Friday night :(

It took us 2hrs 45mins to do 56 miles last Friday & coming home was worse 1am when we finally arrived home! Three motorway exits & sliproads closed down so you can't get off the bloody M62! ????
Hull have sold 6,500 according to a poster on RL Fans. Where did you get the 2,500 from?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote:

Hull have only about 2500! And they only have 45 miles to get there! We have the nightmare of the M60 & M62 to traverse on a Friday night :(

It took us 2hrs 45mins to do 56 miles last Friday & coming home was worse 1am when we finally arrived home! Three motorway exits & sliproads closed down so you can't get off the bloody M62! ????
Josie, are you sure about the 2,500? I read somewhere that they have sold 6,500. It is a dismal following but the RFL should have designated a ground with easier access from the strategic road network!
Sorry, yes it is 6500, I completely mis read it :blush: apologies.

Even so, as you say it is still a dismal following from them when the ground of Doncaster is only just down the road compared to us!

I know there are hell of a lot of Wigan families, many that I know, now on holiday as the school just broke up last week!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Hull have sold 6,500 according to a poster on RL Fans. Where did you get the 2,500 from?
I've apologised, I misread the article sorry :blush: :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I am!!
No point in us turning up then! I bet Hull wish they were playing one of the other two teams in the comp. We are rank underdogs and that will suit us fine, the bookies are only giving us two start so they don't share everybody's optimism. I personally think it will be a very tight game.
Don't get me wrong SEFC, I genuinely believe we can win IF we play like we can I think we will! However, after Friday obviously some doubts have crept in but an animal is at its most dangerous when wounded and Jesus Christ we are wounded!!
Very true, I really hope that Hull turn up thinking that we are an easy touch, they'll get the shock of their lives. Josh is a big miss for us.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just on travelling; I left home at 10.15 am on Friday and arrived in Wigan abut 6.30. :(

I'll be at Donny too, but if we play like that we'll get another hammering.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Hull are in a good run of form and have nothing to fear from us

We are a boxer with a very very good chin and no punching power, so the best we can hope for is a 1-2pt victory

You cannot win anything major with our atrocious attack. The game plan of pass all the way to the left, then all the way to the right then grubber is barely enough to score against a championship team.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure