Re: Recruitment for 2017

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

I will be renewing my season ticket, although I do seem to be questioning my decision frequently.I get very little enjoyment from going to matches at the moment.The performance of the team,Wane and the atmosphere in the ground, it's depressing.
I think a change of coach from outside the club with a proven record would help ticket sales even if the squad remains largely unchanged. It would at least give a little hope.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote: On a similar note, say we end this season with LLS & GF win, recruitment stays the same, coach stays the same - do people then renew?
That is the interesting question. For some it will enough to put Wane forward for a knighthood and the ultimate put down for those of us who can't forget 26+ games of dross we have seen this year.

The thing is which ever side of that fence you are on I don't think you could seriously argue it would mean anything other than you only need turn up for the GF.

So if you were looking at it logically then there is no justification for a season ticket, but supporting isn't all about logic. I seriously thought about not renewing this year but caved in as I enjoy meeting up with the people who sit around me in the East Stand and it's so much better than watching on the TV.

Mind you for most games I was already halfway there working in Runcorn but my job has changed so I work from home so that bit further to go. Not been bad so far but might be an issue early in the season around Feb with weather.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Seems like the glass half empty crowd have spilled their last half.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote: Me personally, I'll be renewing unless something dramatic happens in my life that means I can't afford to. Regardless of coach, regardless of recruitment. But that's just me.
I will be renewing. I've followed this club thru barren years & the glory years, I'm not going to stop unless, as Mark said, something drastically happens in my life that I can't.

Ancient & Loyal ????⚪️????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

A joint team of Dennis Betts and Adrian Lam would kill it in Super Duper League IN MY OPINION
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

South Sydney have lost their last 9 matches and are near the bottom of the league, so maybe Maguire would be available to come back soon
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jao711 wrote:Seems like the glass half empty crowd have spilled their last half.
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote:A joint team of Dennis Betts and Adrian Lam would kill it in Super Duper League IN MY OPINION
And Betts would insist on bringing Ah Van with him, surely?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I will be buying mine but I have got to say that in all my years of watching our great club I have never been so bored. The club do need to do something to reignite the fans interest though as season ticket sales continue to drop!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote:
medlocke wrote:A joint team of Dennis Betts and Adrian Lam would kill it in Super Duper League IN MY OPINION
And Betts would insist on bringing Ah Van with him, surely?
That would solve our kicking problem