Wigan v Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Wigan v Wakey

Post by cpwigan »

Wane Et Al never believed they could have 2 young half backs which is why Smith kept his place. Once Georgeis ready (IMO he is now but I am a fan not Wane) they will push Smith out.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Wane Et Al never believed they could have 2 young half backs which is why Smith kept his place. Once Georgeis ready (IMO he is now but I am a fan not Wane) they will push Smith out.
Correct. Tommy is not coming back to coach and Shorrocks and hopefully Hampshire are going to be knocking on the door.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

cpwigan wrote:Do not take the MOM seriously Dave. They are a joke given on a rotation basis by sponsors.
How can they be on a rotation basis when we have different match day sponsors each game ? The match day Sponsors get to choose mom as they will have a corporate hospitality table and choose between themselves who they believe have stood and contributed most to the game so stop pretending you know everything I've put you right on this Point once before.And yes I do know,because I have been involved.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Were you not given a list of players?
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

DaveO wrote:Just got back.

Bateman was the best player on the pitch though Williams also played well.

Bateman scored one and set up at least two more. The try of the night was the one he set up for Sam. A break from Williams, Bateman gets the ball, cuts though and a nice inside pass to Sam to score. Teamwork!

The interception was good fun to watch but that try was for me the best one. Craig Hall did a good job keeping up.

How Isa got MoM off the sponsors I do not know. FPN made a few friends by taking the ball in at pace and to be fair the other props generally followed suit. You have to qualify this with how weak Wakefield were but it made a nice change.

We should have had more points though. The number of times in the 2nd half we knocked on the left trying silly bullet passes was stupid.

While this has done the points difference some good that horse has bolted. If we finish level on points with either Wire or Hull we will finish behind then.
Good post. I agree. Made a nice change to see some tries! Bateman should have been MoM.
Rufford

Post by Rufford »

cp - I've chosen mom for sponsors in the past. It's not on rotation. Yes we were given a list of players....it was the team sheet.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
thegimble wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:Just a thought re points difference:

Before tonight's game, Hull were +140 and Wigan +15, a gap of 125.

Currently Wigan up by 42, Hull down by 24, reducing the gap by 66 to 59!
Not putting a dampener on tonight but we will not catch Hull or pass their point difference. Wakey sounded awful and should have taken a bigger thumping and we have done nothing this season to suggest we can score tries when it matters against sides. We have struggled against the top sides since Easter.
Hull will not finish top.
And we will not be above them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The chaps have probably had more difficult training matches at Orrell so poor Wakefield were,but still nice to get some points back I suppose.

Big Frank gave a glimpse of what'll come next season,Manfredi finally got space and when he went he reminded me of a Salmon headed up stream no one was going to catch him.

They all played well in the context of a game like that I'm not going to start shouting at the gods we are back just yet.

As for mom,I do not know how they pick it,Isa was solid nothing more and on the basis of pulling a name out the hat I'd have gone for Shorrocks myself,the lad is getting better and better each week,I hope he continues to progress.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Loved tha"salmon" metaphor Fozzieskem. Good positive post DaveO. Listened to Radio JB sounded as good as Dave described

:D
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Don't forget Wakey had five youngsters making their debuts, this perfomance has to be taken in the right context.