Mickey Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Mickey Mac

Post by thegimble »

Did I hear right there is a chance he could be back this season. Mentioned on Wish FM 5 min ago.
yokozuna

Re: Mickey Mac

Post by yokozuna »

Yeah, they said it was a possibility. Farrell and Gelling expected back next week. Very much needed.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Clubb in a few weeks as well!! If anyone is tough enough to come back quickly from that injury it's MM!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Why would we want MM back for 3 or 4 games after missing so many games with such a serious injury.It will take him a while to get match fit so leave it till next season.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I'm with Old Hooker. A Mickey Mac that's fully fit in terms of his injury and match fit too, I would welcome back but he's not going to be either of those things. Powell has done really well in Mickey's absence to I'd be sticking with it unless he too is carrying a knock.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

If we could get half a game alternating with Powell from MM, I think that might improve our chances this season.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kiwiseddon wrote:I'm with Old Hooker. A Mickey Mac that's fully fit in terms of his injury and match fit too, I would welcome back but he's not going to be either of those things. Powell has done really well in Mickey's absence to I'd be sticking with it unless he too is carrying a knock.
Powell is!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Stick with Powell for the rest of the season, he deserves it
:exc:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

After a promising contribution from Jake Shorrocks last night I hope that Waney gives him more game time over the next few weeks. Clearly he's a very promising half back but this season we may need him to play part of a vital game later in the season to back up either Sam of Mickey (if he returns and Sam is injured)at hooker. I appreciate that Sam can play the whole game as can Mickey (when fully fit) but we have to prepare for a situation where they may not both be fully fit come the semi or final if we get there. I remember that Ollie came into the first team at this time last season and ended up playing in the final. The same may happen to Jake.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

old hooker wrote:Why would we want MM back for 3 or 4 games after missing so many games with such a serious injury.It will take him a while to get match fit so leave it till next season.
I agree with Old Hooker.