Sabbatical.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Sabbatical.

Post by cpwigan »

Who are they though Wigan Watcher? I need names so I can look out for them
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:Who are they though Wigan Watcher? I need names so I can look out for them
A mirror will help!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Who are they though Wigan Watcher? I need names so I can look out for them
A mirror will help!
Touche!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Too much info there mate !
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

God wrote:The only thing I like to dominate is the TV controller and the wife in the bedroom, so it can't be me.
You wish!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
A mirror will help!
I know you do not mean me but I think people whining should have the b***s or f***y to name people.

I see two negative impacts to the site; Whelley Warriors and Josie's Friend. Other than that, I think everybody else makes a positive imp[act to the forum whether you agree / disagree with their views.

See how easy was that!

** Edited - Josie ????
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Well I'm going no where :wink: :lol:

To many starstruck superduperfantasticbetterthanyou fanboys/girls and "know-it-alls" to be put in their place
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:Well I'm going no where :wink: :lol:

To many starstruck superduperfantasticbetterthanyou fanboys/girls and "know-it-alls" to be put in their place
:lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

Anything apparently personal between posters is what puts people off. It sidelines threads with nothing being added, and it leads to threads like this. As far as I'm concerned there are no cliques, just individuals with their own opinion. They have the right to express it and others have the right to challenge it. So do so it the right spirit.

The 'right spirit' to me is not restating one opinion in every post of every thread like CP does re. Wane. CP, we know your view, we don't need to read it 20 times a day - a couple is enough.

It's also not making a personal response to someone asking you to explain/expand on an opinion. It's also not posting 'like some posters' in the way Whelley does, suggesting something but saying absolutely nothing and adding no values to posters outside of your personal fall outs. And Whelley, going in a rumour mill thread just to say people shouldn't spread rumours is against the spirit of a rumour thread.

It's also not creating a whole new self serving thread to hammer your own personal opinion down posters throats when there is already a thread that people can read of they want to, like I think Ian B it was who did this over the brexit vote.

Approach the forum like it isn't a personal battle space and some reasonable debates will break out. Take questions put to your or differences of opinion expressed on face value - not everything has to be taken personally.

Note, these are just examples of things I've seen that go against my opinion of what the spirit of these boards should be. Not a personal attack, but an open answer to challenge of giving specific examples of things that make me sometimes look away from these forums.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well said that man!

:eusa2: