Hampshire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Hampshire

Post by moto748 »

As you say, Wane is not the only one to question his position. To me, this says one of two things: either another successful and well-regarded SL coach doesn't rate him as a half (so it's not just pig-headed prejudice on Wane's part), or Hampshire has displayed an element of'bad attitude' at Cas too.

Either way, the nett result is the same.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:As you say, Wane is not the only one to question his position. To me, this says one of two things: either another successful and well-regarded SL coach doesn't rate him as a half (so it's not just pig-headed prejudice on Wane's part), or Hampshire has displayed an element of'bad attitude' at Cas too.

Either way, the nett result is the same.
Don't be so ridiculous. How on earth can you make the leap from Powell playing Hampshire on a different position to concluding he has done so because "Hampshire has displayed an element of 'bad attitude' at Cas too"?

That is a ludicrous statement based on no evidence whatsoever.

Powell continues to pick the player and you don't do that with players who demonstrate a bad attitude and clearly Hampshire also continues to play despite being labelled as an awkward customer who spits the dummy out of he doesn't play 6. He is doing the exact opposite so perhaps the more plausible reality is he would have continued to do the same here had he been given the chance.

You can't even conclude Powell doesn't rate him as a halfback either given he was never going to be first choice when he went there and you also don't know what other needs for his team Powell had to consider when picking Hampshire to play elsewhere.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Why not wait until the close season when the squad for next season will be formulated instead of speculating on his future all the time!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I will try to answer this if you explain the question
Just a note before I get how do you know.This is only my opinion.
Or maybe you are saying this is only my opinion before anybody starts bashing me with a typing mallet?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If he had stayed at Wigan in full back position he would have picked more regularly at Wigan. Fool to himself he went on pastures new trying to prove he is a half back which did not pay off .Tierney on the other hand committed himself to Wigan playing full back and gets a contract extension.I think there is no way at Wigan with Wayne in charge that there will be a place for him at Wigan.To me he lost confidence in his early days at Cas.What's more we need a goal kicker if Smith leaves Rocky can kick goals.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Scored a crucial try tonight

BTW - How arrogant is it for Wane / Wigan not to have a clause preventing their own players playing against them!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

cpwigan wrote:Scored a crucial try tonight

BTW - How arrogant is it for Wane / Wigan not to have a clause preventing their own players playing against them!
Easy CP,if wane can't coach him,nobody can????????????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hampshire did nothing of note bar score the try,good try mind but I don't recall seeing him make any really threatening moves at all,all of Cas's work came down Solomonas wing and why wouldn't it he's world class.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

fozzieskem wrote:Hampshire did nothing of note bar score the try,good try mind but I don't recall seeing him make any really threatening moves at all,all of Cas's work came down Solomonas wing and why wouldn't it he's world class.
Especially after Chase had taken Manfredi out!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Oh that helped for sure,but he was already a threat before Manfredis injury to be fair