Disgusting

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Disgusting

Post by MrsLam »

Am sorry but extending his ban to another two matches is pathetic and is showing the RFL for what they are. Completely incompetent and inconsistent. It's a joke, now he can't even question a decision? It could have been left as it was or reduced but instead it goes the other way and he gets banned for another 2 games. It's not for the good of the game before people give me that, it will definitely be interesting to see what happens to Mr Pryce now.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Re: Disgusting

Post by Doveoverdave »

Told you so! :eusa17:

Posted yonks ago that his appeal would end in him being banned till spring bank hols.

15 April can't far off.

The man and his advisers are idiots!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Why are his advisers idiots? What was he supposed to do. Accept an unjust suspension whilst Pryce and McDermott walked away scot free???? To lengthen the ban says what???? Your not allowed the right to appeal???? If that so we may as well disband the appeal section of disciplinary procedures.

This is truly pathetic on the part of the RFL!!! You cannot suspend a man for 12 matches and give nothing to Pryce and McDermott for similar challenges.

I hope the club actually stand up for themselves and the players. We had a previous incident whereby Cummings made veiled threats that if we appealed they would raise the ban BEFORE any hearing. Not sure whether he canb but Whelan should sack GB off for the Tri Nations. Let them take their crap elsewhere. Whilst he's at it ban RFL officials too.
Nine

Post by Nine »

It simply cannot be right that a man's sentence is increased for merely excercising his legel right to question the disciplinary's decision.
Squad number 18!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Does an appeal not rely on new evidence? If they've made a decision and then Terry went back and just asked them to be let off with no extra case to put forward other than sorry then perhaps they have added on two games for wasting their time? All the replays I have seen of the Long incident and his action immediately afterwards says to me he was guilty, he also held his hands up and admitted the foul on Gilmour so unless he submitted miracle evidence I don't think we can really complain.

On the other hand, the RFL have shown zero consistency. Leon Pryce, whilst he didn't go as mad as Newton, didn't show any discipline. At first I thought that perhaps he should get away with it but the more I've thought the more I think he should be punished for indiscipline and to get absolutely nothing does seem rediculous, especially when you compare to the Gilmour hit.

Overall I don't think we can complain about Newton getting his ban increased but the RFL still need to sort their consistency!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Erm why can't we complain?
How many times have you heard of a court giving out a bigger punishment simply for excercising his right? Ian when you come back, ask the misses if there's a law that says you've wasted my time so I'm gonna give you a bigger sentence.
What a load of rubbish, if he didn't have any new evidence they wouldn't have gone to court in the first place, they should have either kept it at 10 in which case fair enough 'cause at least they've looked again or reduced it, which would have been better but not given him more. Well done Anderson for keeping pushing.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I hate to be the one to break this to you but there are different laws for RL and real life. The RFL have less stringent rules to follow whereas the law is extremely strict.
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Maybe they're trying to make it up to that nice Sean Long because they gave him just a long ban for selling out his team mates in that betting lark. There ya go Sean it's not just you and Martin we make examples of! :conf:
Brian's Girl

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

robjoenz posted:
I hate to be the one to break this to you but there are different laws for RL and real life. The RFL have less stringent rules to follow whereas the law is extremely strict.
Never. Tell me what good it's doing exactly? He had a massive over the top punishment as it was, it's not a consistent decision and he's been punished for daring to question the RFL. How is that right

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

They have exactly the same system in the NRL. Unless they have an extremely good reason to question a decision it gets lengthened, it's very common over there!