Wigan v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan v Saints

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
We made more mistakes than Saints so either that is worrying which is one way to look at it or we still managed to score 4 tries to their none, it can't be both ways!!
Probably true, TBW. I'm not suggesting that it was a perfect Wigan performance. But can I recall the errors we made when we beat Manly 8-2? Am I able to list all our mistakes when we beat Saints 27-0 at Wembley? Am I bothered how many dropped balls when we beat the Broncos on their own patch?

As you probably know, I live among Leeds fans. I love it when we beat them and they reel off a list of decisions, forward passes etc to try to take the shine off our victory. What baffles me on here is that it's some of the so-called Wigan fans who can't get their keyboards into gear fast enough to belittle a great victory, and in a Derby match at that.

What was it that Maggie Thatcher said after the sinking of the Belgrano? "Celebrate, you bas***d's, celebrate!" (I paraphrase)
The greatest Prime Minister we've ever had
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

medlocke wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
We made more mistakes than Saints so either that is worrying which is one way to look at it or we still managed to score 4 tries to their none, it can't be both ways!!
Probably true, TBW. I'm not suggesting that it was a perfect Wigan performance. But can I recall the errors we made when we beat Manly 8-2? Am I able to list all our mistakes when we beat Saints 27-0 at Wembley? Am I bothered how many dropped balls when we beat the Broncos on their own patch?

As you probably know, I live among Leeds fans. I love it when we beat them and they reel off a list of decisions, forward passes etc to try to take the shine off our victory. What baffles me on here is that it's some of the so-called Wigan fans who can't get their keyboards into gear fast enough to belittle a great victory, and in a Derby match at that.

What was it that Maggie Thatcher said after the sinking of the Belgrano? "Celebrate, you bas***d's, celebrate!" (I paraphrase)
The greatest Prime Minister we've ever had
If sean wane gets us to another GF, and deffo if he wins it, he "could" lay claim to being the best coach wigan have had, certainly in the super league era.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

old hooker wrote:Once again the forum has sunk to a low level by a poster insulting another several times, probably because they have had one too many and can hide behind a keyboard, disgraceful behaviour.
I agree, and why is it that the Moderator never takes any action against him?

Unless of course??????????????
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote:Once again the forum has sunk to a low level by a poster insulting another several times, probably because they have had one too many and can hide behind a keyboard, disgraceful behaviour.

CPW was either off his meds or his head, not sure which. I have called for Mike to block any comments from his IP address (whatever that is) but had forgotten that he is in Scotland hiding from the Brexit victory.
Yes we dropped lots of ball but with the amount of rain yesterday and knowing that the water comes up as well as down at the DW I find it surprising that very few posters seem to recognise that the team did an acceptable job of hanging onto the ball in scoring 4 tries.
That slipped ball from Bateman to Gelling was the highlight of the evening for me.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ian.birchall wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

CPW was either off his meds or his head, not sure which. I have called for Mike to block any comments from his IP address (whatever that is) but had forgotten that he is in Scotland hiding from the Brexit victory.
Yes we dropped lots of ball but with the amount of rain yesterday and knowing that the water comes up as well as down at the DW I find it surprising that very few posters seem to recognise that the team did an acceptable job of hanging onto the ball in scoring 4 tries.
That slipped ball from Bateman to Gelling was the highlight of the evening for me.
:with:
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I thoroughly enjoyed the victory but wouldn't in my wildest dreams have described it as a 'great match.' Too error-strewn (by both sides) for that. However, I thought Tautai was outstanding (not a fan, normally) and was the best player on the park. Slightly concerned about Flower and Crosby who looked as if they were under-strength - a bit of a virus in the camp perhaps? Josh was outstanding on the right wing.
Saints were incredibly subdued - McCarthy-Scarsbrook was anonymous when he bothered to play and Swift has speed and nothing else.
Thought our defence was excellent. Sammy and Gildart stopping potential try-scoring breaks in midfield and am I right in thinking that Roby was stopped from scoring by an amazing tackle from Big Frank?

Lots of good stuff among some scruffy play - Bateman magnificent as ever.

As for Gelling, I think the Duke of Wellington said it first (more or less), 'I don't know what effect he has on the enemy but by god he frightens me.'

For conspiracy theory lovers, Wish FM's tame St Helens muppet, Dave Lyon said before the match that Walsh and Thompson were only suspended because two ex-Wigan players Phil Clarke and Brian Carney made a furore on TV and the disciplinary panel that gave them 2-match bans for nothing at all included 2 ex-Wigan players, Stuart Fielden and Danny Sculthorpe.
I thought we were paranoid sometimes but he's from another planet!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I can't understand why anyone would think either Fielden or Sculthorpe carry a brief for Wigan. But if it fits in with your theory, why not!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I am bloody staggered at some of the moaning comments about how we played last night. We hammered a in form Stains that where boasting best winning run in SL. Beating the sh*te in itself is something that makes every Wigan fans season. So to bloody well moan how this was achieved takes the biscuit. :( :angry:
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Southern Softy wrote:
For conspiracy theory lovers, Wish FM's tame St Helens muppet, Dave Lyon said before the match that Walsh and Thompson were only suspended because two ex-Wigan players Phil Clarke and Brian Carney made a furore on TV and the disciplinary panel that gave them 2-match bans for nothing at all included 2 ex-Wigan players, Stuart Fielden and Danny Sculthorpe.
I thought we were paranoid sometimes but he's from another planet!
To be fair, If two ex Saints had been on prior to a Derby and banned two of our players, Wigan fans would have gone nuts all the same.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I am bloody staggered at some of the moaning comments about how we played last night. We hammered a in form Stains that where boasting best winning run in SL. Beating the sh*te in itself is something that makes every Wigan fans season. So to bloody well moan how this was achieved takes the biscuit. :( :angry:
The result was all that mattered last night, given our form into the game. I hope the reaction though is more looking how we still need to improve on that performance rather than pipe and slippers. Saints won't play that poorly again and we gifted them far too many chances that we were fortunate not to be exposed for. It was pretty much an opposite replay of last month when it was us that looked clueless in attack.