For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
4 Generations wrote:Last nights game was nothing short of a master Class in Coaching by SW and his staff.Backed by an almost FULL TEAMS/squads desire to execute the plan and put a very,very good St Helens to the sword.
We beet Sts up for the first 20mins,while they threw everything at us.Wigans Discipline was nothing short of excellent.Sts wouldn't have scored if they had played another 80mins.Did they miss Walsh.What team wouldn't miss him.Guess what though.I bet Turner and Farge cant walk this morning they got so sick of being hit Hard.Sts attack was snuffed out.I bet Walsh was glad he wasnt out on the DW.Sts forwards had zero effect.LMS,,,,,did he play.
I dont get some comments and attitudes on here.Seems some people are happier when we loose.Only happy when they have something to moan about.Entitled to an opinion though,like anyone.
Credit when its due and see the result for what it was.We SMASHED STs and NILLED them.Offered that as a result at 19,59pm last evening.Most on here would have thought it impossibleor your mad.

BRAVO WIGAN :eusa2:
4G
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. However, so is the poster whose opinion contradicts yours. People are allowed to have different opinions. The moment you start chastising others for their opinion yours becomes worthless by default.

I personaly expected Wigan to win. I have done in all 3 games v Saints this seasons. Saints squad has little depth and Walsh + Percival were big misses. Ultimately though, it does not matter, only the scoreline in the paper yesterday.
With respect to you, your problem is that all have to agree with you and if they do not, you make personal and nasty comments to them.

In my case, a reference to something to do with the rear of a person.

I may have differences with some posters, but I never resort to personal abuse like yourself and and another poster with the same user name initials as myself do!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

4 Generations wrote:
jaws1 wrote:4G it was far from a master class ok we beat a poor Saints side and defended well. The only highlights was Gell's 3 trys other than we mediocre we lost loads of ball and Saints were poor.
It is a shame you didnt see any other highlights.
4G
Are you implying that I did not go to the match? I was there and saw first hand that Saints were poor we made far too many mistakes and Yes Gells individual efforts were the highlights of a mediocre game.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Masterclass?

Did you see the amount of dropped ball?

Are we in a parallel universe?
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

jaws1 wrote:
4 Generations wrote:
jaws1 wrote:4G it was far from a master class ok we beat a poor Saints side and defended well. The only highlights was Gell's 3 trys other than we mediocre we lost loads of ball and Saints were poor.
It is a shame you didnt see any other highlights.
4G
Are you implying that I did not go to the match? I was there and saw first hand that Saints were poor we made far too many mistakes and Yes Gells individual efforts were the highlights of a mediocre game.
Why would i care if you went or not,come on.
The try I enjoyed the most you didn't mention.The scorer deserves mention.Thought he had a good game again. Im also a massive James Roby fan and he was stopped in his tracks,time after time.Robys a monkey and im glad we stopped him.So,Thers two more highlights or they are highlights for me anyway.I picked up some suttle stuff also. Missable stuff.
Dropped balls this season have been rife.Cant remember a season like it.Its been weird.Catalan mid week,Leeds a few weeks ago,i can go on and on.Would seem that the word LOOSE CARRY has become common.Another word now for a professional foul at times.Its a skill,grey area in the rules,an art form to get your opponent to drop the ball.Always has been ther,but this season thers a focus on it im sure..A debatable point for sure.Seemed on Friday it was our biggest mistake in play and that we need more focus to combat it.Sarg was hard done by a couple of times i felt,but whats new.
Have a good day :)

:) 4G
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wintergreen wrote:Masterclass?

Did you see the amount of dropped ball?

Are we in a parallel universe?
There was a thread last week for Positive posting. Think this week we need a realistic one.

At time I feel that some people are plants from the club to ensure that anything good is magnified 1000 times to what it is.

I agree if last night was a masterclass then why have we not seen it the previous weeks.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

A thread designed to be positive, but as usual is dominated by the same repetitive and negative comments by the same small minority.

Even when we beat the our bitter rivals from over the hill by 25-0!

No wonder many have stopped posting!
pieaterinLeigh

Post by pieaterinLeigh »

I think its important we keep some perspective on both the positive and negative guys!

Firstly, any win against that lot from the other side of Billinge Hill is a happy occasion and at this stage of the season after recent results it's especially important! However in my opinion, The reality is that in too many games this season we have played simplistic rugby, been too predictable and have been unable to adapt our game plan during the 80 minutes. We steamrollered Saints, the factor that was most important in breaking the arm-wrestle deadlock was Gelling who gets plenty of criticism in some quarters when he makes mistakes.

There's a simple risk versus reward question for me this season and Gelling is a micro example of the same thing we could apply to the team as a whole. If he doesn't take risks, he will make less mistakes but at the same time will also have much less chance of changing the course of the game, possibly being labelled as a big lump with out the skill to play centre. Similarly is our less complex attacking play indicative of having a lower skill level in the team than in previous years, our strategy being simplified to compensate for less skill, our coaching team being less able to increase skills than in the past, or opposition defenses being more effective at breaking 2 and 3 phase atracks down now? Either way the reasons are irrelevant right now, all that matters is the game results between now and the end of the season. After that, there will be more time for the club to address the obvious issues of this season if they really do want to strive to see constant improvements.

I'm not blinded by Wane's limitations by any means and one win against Saints isn't going to change that. I'd also love to see us playing an exciting type of rugby typified by McGuire when he was coach but at the same time the people who think all of our problems stem from Wane being in charge should remember

It could be a lot worse!

This game is about ups and downs, not everything that happens is a result of something tangible. Look at Leeds this season, yes they lost key players but I still don't think they have that bad a side to reflect their league position. They haven't ditched their coach and I think they should be applauded for that too, I'd hate to see our game turn into hire and fire of coaches like football. While Wane certainly isn't perfect, I have little doubt of his loyalty and depth of feeling towards the club and for me I place an importance on that rather than potentially appointing a higher paid, higher profile coach who ( using a football phrase) is more bothered about his own legacy than our clubs well being.

My perspective ( and I understand it may just be mine) is that despite our limitations we have a shot of getting to and winning a grand final again and that can only be a good thing! Things will inevitably change next season given our current senior, highly paid half back is moving on, let's get on with winning trophies for now eh?

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:A thread designed to be positive, but as usual is dominated by the same repetitive and negative comments by the same small minority.

Really I think most stopped due to anyone having an opinion either way getting bashed for it by some.

After all this board is based on opinions or would you rather you were left alone with all that agree with you.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:A thread designed to be positive, but as usual is dominated by the same repetitive and negative comments by the same small minority.

I am going to try to help you WW. I daresay you will ignore my words and indeed are oblivious to what is typed for you because it would contradict your misguided notions.

FIRST the title of the thread

NOW IMMEDIATELY the thread is one you should not even read, let alone and enter and comment. Likewise anybody with a positive view of Wabe, the thread creator is not communicating with you. You are excluded. Personally I think that any threads should be free for all BUT I did not create it.
A thread designed to be positive
A classic example of your incapacity to understand what the aim of the thread was and who it was aimed at. How you remotely thinks a thread saying THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK WANE CAN'T COACH is designed to be positive needs help! If I used the correct term Josie would get upset.

I could keep on and go through your post line by line but that is pointless and boring for me and other member. Yourself, I could show you a white room and say this is a white room and you would simply say no it is not. It is a black room.

Ordinarily I have you on ignore and avoid your posts. I tend to avoid using the forum. People leaving? Who, name them? I will help you; D has left, I leave, trying to do so permanently, others have. We increasingly communicate in private because of posters like yourself. I am a fool, the biggest fool as I try to argue with a fool.

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I now only post in Private groups with any information i have. This forum needs to stop Shooting the messengers.