Wigan miserable

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
LooseHead

Wigan miserable

Post by LooseHead »

Wigan most miserable place in UK? No way

http://m.wigantoday.net/news/local/wiga ... -1-8082855
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Wigan miserable

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Was this forum used as evidence? :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Well put TBW ????
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Was this forum used as evidence? :lol:
????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Complete opposite of the truth in my limited experience. Certainly Wigan is a much happier place than my home town; you only have to spend a hour sitting outside a coffee-shop people-watching to see that few folk round here have a smile on their face.

I came up with my son, who lives in a trendy part of London, for the Saints game (the one we lost :( ). He's not a massive sport fan at all, but loved the weekend. He remarked, "Some places just have a vibe, you can feel it. And Wigan certainly has it".
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Tbh it's lazy journalism, slow news day no doubt.

Wigan isn't a miserable place, but we do like a good moan. I suppose if ur not from Wigan you might mistake this for actual depression. :D
OJ

Post by OJ »

What a load of rubbish that is! Like Moto748 I think the complete opposite is true and you'd appreciate it if you lived where I do.
The only way the idiot who wrote that article could have come to that conclusion is if he happened to see Come Dine with Me at the beginning of this week. Not something I normally watch but thought I'd have a look when it said the contestants were from Wigan and there was one bloke called Jeff who is a theatre manager at a Wigan hospital who was a complete Richard head and would set Wigan reputation back 50 years with anyone who saw it. So if you are unfortunate enough to go in hospital look out for him and make a quick recovery and get out of there but otherwise be glad of where you all live.
PS There was a shot of him taken in the DW stadium - I so hope he is a Latics fan and nothing to do with RL!

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/local/wi ... -1-8082855
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If it was they would thing Wigan is more depressing than the entire middle east combined. :D

Tbh the most miserable place I have every been is Holyhead. If Wigan is worse then I would there to live.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
If it was they would thing Wigan is more depressing than the entire middle east combined. :D

Tbh the most miserable place I have every been is Holyhead. If Wigan is worse then I would there to live.
Nowhere can beat Askam-in-Furness
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Such statements are myths IMO. I went 'darn' South this summer and the vast majority of people I met were friendly and helpful.