RYAN HAMPSHIRE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: RYAN HAMPSHIRE

Post by fozzieskem »

And Smith bossed the 7-0 game at their place and replace with who?Hampshire who has done very little to earn this cult like devotion.

Last night as I say was a stark reminder of what's in store next season
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Saying "if Smith had played we would have won" (although probably true) doesn't mean, or imply that

a) Smith isn't a very average player who should be replaced, and

b) There's no evidence to suggest that Hampshire could have done a"Matty Smith performance" anyway. He's hardly set the world alight at Cas.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And I guess that's my point,halves are in short supply so if as it seems Smith is off at seasons end then someone,and no not Tommy needs to be brought in,Williams is still a work in program and Young Shorrocks is a way off yet,which in fairness to Wane he did say that.

I am 100% certain the side would have had some sort of structure to it last night if he had played
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I agree Moto that compared to half backs Wigan have had Smith is average. We knew that when we bought him and then he was the best available due to the dearth of quality halves in the game here.

Also agree that there is no evidence that Hampshire would have put in a Smith type game winning performance, that's because he's hardly ever played a game for Wigan at half back.
There is still a shortage of quality British halves and that is why if Smith leaves Hampshire must be retained.
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

fozzieskem wrote:And I guess that's my point,halves are in short supply so if as it seems Smith is off at seasons end then someone,and no not Tommy needs to be brought in,Williams is still a work in program and Young Shorrocks is a way off yet,which in fairness to Wane he did say that.

I am 100% certain the side would have had some sort of structure to it last night if he had played
Agree with all about Smith, team were lost last night, just heard that Michaels from Hull FC is without contract next year, admittedly not a half back but is in the backs?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

6742hitch wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:And I guess that's my point,halves are in short supply so if as it seems Smith is off at seasons end then someone,and no not Tommy needs to be brought in,Williams is still a work in program and Young Shorrocks is a way off yet,which in fairness to Wane he did say that.

Agree with all about Smith, team were lost last night, just heard that Michaels from Hull FC is without contract next year, admittedly not a half back but is in the backs?
Think he is going to the NRL
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We re-signed Marshall after previously releasing him because he was not good enough. The price is right?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:We re-signed Marshall after previously releasing him because he was not good enough. The price is right?
CP I'm dreading the news that Wigan have first dibs on Sarginson should (when) his time in Aus fails (as it will).

No doubt IL will be waxing lyrically over re-recruiting such a turdy player on a 4 year deal when it happens
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Has a club in SL ever re-signed as many players. It must be a record.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If Smith had been playing we'd have won that game.
He'd have levelled up with one of the pens then if still a draw kicked a drop goal or two to win it.
He's done it often enough when we've won whilst playing absolute garbage like tonight.

If Smith goes to Saints then Ryan Hampshire must be recalled and kept at Wigan for 2017.
I said that to you last night Ted.

They all call Matty Smith, but he would have took those penalties & won that game.

Tomkins, as captain, should have ignored the bench to "roll it" if he's as good a reader of the game that he says he is & told Shorrocks to kick the three penalties!

Trent Barrett would have & did ignore Noble when we were losing 30-6 at Bradford & we won that game. That's the type of leader we need on the pitch!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan