Steve Michaels

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
thegimble

Re: Steve Michaels

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:BM makes a good call. We could play second rowers on the wing the way we play. A bit of positivity, Josie is always bloody moaning :wink: Budgie scored a length of thwe field effort in his final game for Souths!
It just shows you how he should have been played when he was at the Chooks. He's been brilliant at the Bunnies & they want to keep him!
Let them have him.

As long as we get Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess and Adam Reyndolds for the same money.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Greg Inglis is one amazing player isn't he! I'm pleased Joe is coming back but not entirely sure it is the right thing for either him or us. It's been pretty obvious his team mates have been reluctant to pass the ball to him a lot of the time and don't blame them. He has got better but a lot of the time has been spent strolling up and down the sideline not getting involved and am surprised they want to keep him really.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Tierney peaked at academy level. He might have even been on the downward then. Marshall, did well in C1 but maybe that is his level? If you are cheap enough and have a family connection you will at the very least be signed provided you are cheap. Squad fillers.
That is probably true but I can't understand why Wane wants to pick guys out of position!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I wouldn't try to understand Wane. It would seem to me that a Wigan winger is seen first and foremost as a tackle 1 to 3 exit set hit up and then fielding kicks is second with finishing a distant 3rd.

Centres probably fall into a similar category.

I had to despair at re Faz as to why we lost to Widnes.
I have been a broken record about direct play as long as Faz has been in the first team under Wane, Faz has been in his leadership groups, seen as a future captain YET he states the obvious but not one person in that first team incl Faz has said to Wane. the game plan sucks, we need to change which in many respects makes every Wigan player compliant in helping Walter Mitty (Wane) to maintain his deluded notion of RL.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

OJ wrote:Greg Inglis is one amazing player isn't he! I'm pleased Joe is coming back but not entirely sure it is the right thing for either him or us. It's been pretty obvious his team mates have been reluctant to pass the ball to him a lot of the time and don't blame them. He has got better but a lot of the time has been spent strolling up and down the sideline not getting involved and am surprised they want to keep him really.
I don't think that reflects on Joe, it's just how Souths play. They have an excellent proven winger on the other flank in Johnston, but he gets very few passes too. At least Joe has seized a few opportunistic chances on offer. Unlike Sam, I think he'll come back a better player.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Michaels is totally shit, if he wasn't an Aussie none of you would think twice about him.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan need a winger for at least a season for cover for Manfredi,but you know they'll go with Tierney who has all the speed in the world but is far to lightweight.

As for Budgie,I bet he regrets signing for Wigan,clearly Madge was getting something out of him and would have benefitted from a longer stay with southern in my view,I doubt the NRL will come a calling for him again,union yes but not the NRL
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Tierny has pace but thats about it, he basically bombed it down the wing all night skinned a few players but nothing ever came of any of his runs really he mostly ended up being flattened or put in touch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Widnes put him down like a bag of shopping more than once that's no good for a modern winger.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Tierney had a bad time as the passing along the line to him was so very slow. As two years ago Farrell was running far too wide crowding out Sarge and Lewis.

Each time Sarge and Tierney got a pass they were faced with 3 or 4 Widnes players as all they had to do was slide. Widnes were down to 12 men for 20 mins and 11 for 4 mins and we looked clueless.
To say Tierney is not good enough because he was thrown around by 3 or 4 players when he got the ball to me is missing the point. The problem is not our wingmen but those inside them. Against Widnes we were dreadful beyond belief and the refusal to kick the penalties brought the frustration of losing to a new level. Losing is something none of want but losing due to such crass stupidity is something else. Our attacking plays need revitalising now.

If we are looking for players we could recall Hampshire, maybe try a loan deal for Lineham away from Wire. He's big, fast and kicks goals. There will no doubt be released players from the SL club relegated be it Hudds, HKR or Salford someone could be what they are looking for.