LLS gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

LLS gone.

Post by ian.birchall »

Not that we really had a realistic chance of the Shield but last night's result at Wakefield means only Hull or the Wire can now win the Shield.
Just let us hope we play Hull in the semi final as once again despite winning they looked like they were still suffering a post Wembley hangover.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Re: LLS gone.

Post by cpwigan »

Hull are by a country mile our best opponent to play. I may be wrong but I think if Wire win the LLS we will play them.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Hull are by a country mile our best opponent to play. I may be wrong but I think if Wire win the LLS we will play them.
Unless we win tonight, which I know you don't think we will - but it isn't a foregone conclusion either.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Hull are by a country mile our best opponent to play. I may be wrong but I think if Wire win the LLS we will play them.
If we don't beat wire there's a good chance we will finish 4th, then it's wire away in the semi?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
If we don't beat wire there's a good chance we will finish 4th, then it's wire away in the semi?
Exactly PM.

Make not taking a draw v Widnes ever more stupid IMO.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Exactly PM.

Yes it guaranteed that we could not win the LLS. We underestimated and did not give enough respect to Widnes, when we hit the 'eights' we should treat each match as a cup final. We now need to secure a home semi final.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Exactly PM.

We play like we do last night and we're a handful for any SL team.
It's just so frustrating when we turn out performances and make poor decisions like we did against Widnes and Cas.
Those points dropped have now proven so vital.
Sandow is key for Warrington for me and they missed his leadership and co-ordination round the pitch last night, I'm not trying to take it away from our lads, as every single one of them wanted that win last night and played as such, but sandow is a different animal.
markill

Post by markill »

Every team can look at points dropped throughout the season. It does make not taking the draw more questionable now of course, but lots could've ended up different in the two games since then too. It's frustrating but just extra motivation, not that it should be needed, to win the GF.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did not realise until watching the TV replay that Wire have an increasingly long period of blowing it in big games (finals). The CC Final and last night will have screwed Wire mentally. If Currie is now out that is a massive loss. Wire fans are unhappy re wingers. Penny was selected in previous games I believe and then dropped for last night. I cannot understand why Lineham never gets an opportunity. He was class at Hull.

Naybe, just maybe the wheels have come off Wire and Hull and ours and Saints are speeding towards a GF.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

But just seeing it being put back in its case towards the end of the match after being proudly on display when Warrington looked to be running away with the match was hilarious.