FIVE CONTENDERS FOR 2016 MAN OF STEEL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: FIVE CONTENDERS FOR 2016 MAN OF STEEL

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote:Hand on heart I honestly think Ben Currie has been the mos this season.
I, like Josie predicted Bateman and I still think he would have walked it but for the ban.
Currie( for me) is the perfect player to replace lockers.
We were fools to let Ben Currie go at 16/17, always rated him, always liked him & still do.

If we were to bring another player 'back' I'd like Ben & yes, he would be ideal as a replacement for Lockers :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We did not let Ben Curris go. We never signed him. Ben played for the Wigan service area and signed as a pro with Wire. Peter Farrell the chief Wire scout wanted Ben 'big time' and we were not able to compete. We signed Chris Taylor, Wire signed Ben Currie who were the two best Wigan service area juniors in their age group. We never let Ben go, we never got the chance to sign him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:We did not let Ben Curris go. We never signed him. Ben played for the Wigan service area and signed as a pro with Wire. Peter Farrell the chief Wire scout wanted Ben 'big time' and we were not able to compete. We signed Chris Taylor, Wire signed Ben Currie who were the two best Wigan service area juniors in their age group. We never let Ben go, we never got the chance to sign him.
Sorry my error
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He went golbourne high when my daughter was there.
She said he was best rugby player in school
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Firestarter wrote:Hand on heart I honestly think Ben Currie has been the mos this season.
I, like Josie predicted Bateman and I still think he would have walked it but for the ban.
Currie( for me) is the perfect player to replace lockers.
Bateman is the best player in SL by a mile. Incredible talent has it all. Superior in every way to Currie who I would like to see getting in it. Bateman's ban put a spanner in that but ironically he has come back playing sharper before his ban.

I would seriously consider putting Bateman as Marquee and giving him a massive 5 year deal and tie him asap. I know he has a deal with us but for me he is incredible and just glad Wire were too mean to pay 250k for him a year before we took him.

Just seen the list its a joke. Apart from Sandow who if is not playing Wire look average.

My top 5

Bateman, Currie, Sandow, Gidley and Solomona.

Sneyd looks impressive in a good side. Gareth Ellis what for. Sorry but change the MOS to the MDP Media darling player.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Firestarter wrote:He went golbourne high when my daughter was there.
She said he was best rugby player in school
He was possibly the best player in the entire country. IIRC, he and Bateman both went on an academy tour to Aus and were the standout players.
6742hitch

Man of Steel

Post by 6742hitch »

As much as I'd like it to be a Wigan lad I think the title this year must surely go to Houghton of Hull FC, the sheer workload he puts in every game is superb, THAT is what a Man of Steel is!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Currie would get my vote as hes been outstanding but Ellis will win it i would assume.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Does Sam Powell deserve a mention, HB by trade, back up hooker at most, played many minutes with a bad injury, never let the team down, is that a 'Man of Steel'?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Does Sam Powell deserve a mention, HB by trade, back up hooker at most, played many minutes with a bad injury, never let the team down, is that a 'Man of Steel'?
No