Flower Charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Flower

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote:
I agree.
So do I :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

GBH

Re: Flower

Post by GBH »

OJ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
I agree.
So do I :D
100% Agree sending off was more than adequate.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Wandering Warrior

Re: Flower Charged

Post by Wandering Warrior »

His reputation has preceeded him. Bad enough other fans shouting for blood, never mind our own, integrity or no integrity!
Watched Greenwood on SL show stir all the muck at Widnes and get a yellow card and nowt else, great consistency.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You are in danger of talking sense Cherry. To the gallows lol.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cherry.pie wrote:I think 2 matches is fair enough. I don't think it was malicious but that doesn't mean it wasn't reckless and worthy of a ban. He did raise the forearm and he did make contact with the head, even if it was secondary contact.

To me it seemed like he was trying to put pressure on the kicker but didn't know whether he was going for a charge down or a tackle and so clumsily clattered into him.
I agree its a direct contact to the head not deliberate.

Problem I have is that LH got away with it in the GF. we got Westwood elbow in the eye of Green 2 match ban. Both were deliberate contact to the head unlike Flowers.

RFL as far as I am concerned never gives us the same advantage as others get. 2 game ban is fair for the challenge problem is others have got less for doing worse.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Lucky lad in my eyes
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

The booze hound wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:Nothing more than an ill timed non malicious tackle made to look worse by SKYs love of the dramatic slow motion shot
It wasn't a tackle
Nor was it malicious. It was more naughty than dirty, in my view of course. 10 minutes on the naughty step would have sufficed.
It was most certainly was malicious Flower needs to use this forced "rest" to take a look at himself.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

cpwigan wrote:You are in danger of talking sense Cherry. To the gallows lol.

Blimey cp You have just jumped back over the fence Cherry quote is spot on but you totally disagreed a few posts back this is your take on it.

Exactly, nobody can pretend it was an attempted charge down.

It was nasty and scummy. If an opponent had done the same to Smith, Williams or Tomkins we would be screaming lifetim ban.

Glad I don't have to rely on you to have my back.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

LoL No, she was at least on the right lines. I mean SoS was the call before that!

IMO, Benny was very lucky and the RFL do the game no favours with the lenency they apply to games and post games. Likewise, the POTB are way too slow and coaches say so BUt the moment their own club cops penalties for slowing the game down they complain bitterly.

Not to worry, less interest from TV companies, less people attending. The coaches must be right. Can the last one left turn off the light.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

God wrote:Not as bad as Mick Cassidy on Morley.....half the ground cheered and pints were bought for him.

Now is he a Skerritt type? who btw was idolised for his dirty play.... The "I carnt speyk" YouTube video is stuff of legend, as was the superman attack, he was a legend in his day for dirty play, his duels with Sampson were worth admission alone.

Now we come to Flower..... Sent to Coventry by probably the same supporters who lorded over the above players, this ain't tiddly winks, and we have fans bemoaning the quality and the entertainment value of rugby league, are you not entertained?

It was bad? yes of course it was, but in the heat of battle ANYTHING can happen and I refuse to condem him given how I used to enjoy the players above dish it out at Central Park, this would make me a hypocrite.

What's done is done for me, and the fans baying for blood need to give it up and watch netball or something.
Nice one ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan