Bretherton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Bretherton

Post by cpwigan »

Sheer size means everybody always felt he was a great prospect but IMO last night he showed just how much potential he may have. Previously, he would run straight and hard which is great but often not enough at the top level. Last night he showed foot work and if you combine that with his speed for such a big man you have a how far can this player go, what can he become.
butt monkey

Re: Bretherton

Post by butt monkey »

"Wasn't willing to back down from some Dave Taylor "shenanigans" either. Not like him be so "scummy" :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

He didn't look out of place did he? Played quite long minutes as well.

Thought all the forwards went well against a big Cats pack.

Have to say though the forward that really caught my eye was cats no 11, Glenn Stewart. Really caused us problems every time he had the ball.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

On his way to Leigh by all accounts DaveO
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:On his way to Leigh by all accounts DaveO
They are not going to be easybeats if that is the quality of player they are signing. He was their best player by a country mile IMO.

I'd have him at Wigan. He is a big lad yet very mobile and sometimes our back row can be a bit lightweight.

I know CPW has mentioned it in another thread but why Cats can't or don't want to keep hold of players like him is very strange.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Similar frame to mossop. Hopefully with the biscuit shoulders.

Will be a big lad in the next few years
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If he continues to develop his step and maintain very good speed for his size, Bretherton reminds me more of Peacock.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

When Joe came on he looked huge.
Goodness knows how big he'll be after the next off season.
Did very well v Catalans.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Its worth remembering that he is only 20/21 and has already lost 18 months development due to his knee reconstruction, if he stays injury free the sky is the limit.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I remember watching him coming through from the U16's, then an outstanding performance in his first academy year in the Grand Final v Leeds at Headingley. As CPW has already said he reminds me of a young Jamie Peacock, I just hope we can develop him slowly over the next couple of years. There are another couple of young forwards coming through the system, Jack Wells and Sammy Kibula who look as though they could progress through to have first team credentials.