Credit to Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Credit to Wane

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would replace Wane, as I do not believe any coach who has not experienced the NRL can bring best practice over a long period of time. It is impossible.
But he does deserve credit. He has improved players like Bateman, Gelling and Tautai beyond recognition. And, when faced with the precipice of seemingly certain failure and the sack, he has adjusted our style of play and tempo sufficiently to beat FC away, Wire away and then FC last week end.
His fiercest critics will never be persuaded as 1) any success is because the players are ignoring him and 2) St Pat's under 11s could win SL. I wonder whether they would almost wish us to fail so they could write I TOLD YOU SO. But that would be an ungenerous thought...

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I would replace Wane, as I do not believe any coach who has not experienced the NRL can bring best practice over a long period of time. It is impossible.
But he does deserve credit. He has improved players like Bateman, Gelling and Tautai beyond recognition. And, when faced with the precipice of seemingly certain failure and the sack, he has adjusted our style of play and tempo sufficiently to beat FC away, Wire away and then FC last week end.
His fiercest critics will never be persuaded as 1) any success is because the players are ignoring him and 2) St Pat's under 11s could win SL. I wonder whether they would almost wish us to fail so they could write I TOLD YOU SO. But that would be an ungenerous thought...
What a load ????????????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Not being funny but this thread only has any meaning if we win on Saturday. Lose and everyone has egg on their faces
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Win nothing again this season and after all the crap rugby we have had to endure then NO ONE will deserve any credit
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:But even the players have said that they are just no longer following his plan and playing what they see instead

So it's hard to credit him because essentially the players are now playing their own game plan

Thing is wane takes a lot of stick but everyone knows he is a huge Wigan fan and like all of us it's a dream job to be at the helm and I've no doubt he is giving everything he can. The fact of the matter is he just isn't a top coach and I feel the players we have could be 20-30% better under a better one
When has this been said? Certain players have always been allowed to play whats in front of them (williams for example)
I struggling to believe its been said comments like that only end in one of two results

The player or coach being sacked.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

jobo wrote:Lad's done well.

Personally, I think that he's the best coach by far in SL and his management this season, under extremely trying circumstances has been exemplary.
Me also,SW we are lucky to have at Wigan.No excuses,No PC bull...,110% WRLFC,and a well respected coach at any level.Hes a born leader by example.Stuff the NRL,SW has been playing or coaching rugby for well over forty years in the world capital of Rugby League
W I G A N.

4G
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

There's no doubting he's 110% Wigan, there's also no doubting we've endured some utter crud this season entertainment wise!
Anybody who argues that one needs to trade their labrador in for a fresh en.
If we win on Saturday the credit will go to the players, not to a coach who can't think any further than his plan a box, sorry.
Stan Dish
News at 10
Aspil nr. Wigon
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I always find this notion of systems interesting. If you lose, the coach says you do not stick to the system. If you win by ripping upthe system and offloading, playing with the freedom you had as children no coach ever mentions you did not follow the system.

It is impossible it will happen ll the time BUT RL recent our games, the MPG etc have show how enjoyable RL can be when players are unshackled and play as they did as children. Even in Aus now there is a reeal battle between systems coaching and less restricted coacging. The NRL GF was just that.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

butt monkey wrote:Not being funny but this thread only has any meaning if we win on Saturday. Lose and everyone has egg on their faces

Point taken. It does show how bad the super league standard is at this moment in time, you wouldn't see a team in the nrl make it to the grand final with the injuries and the s**t we've played this season.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I would replace Wane, as I do not believe any coach who has not experienced the NRL can bring best practice over a long period of time. It is impossible.
What a load ????????????????????????
Really? I read it as the OP being ironic.