Matty Smith and Saints

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
OAMJSONA

Re: Matty Smith and Saints

Post by OAMJSONA »

juanpablo wrote:Wigan where happy to announce the deal it was Saints who wanted it left until after the GF!!

like i said Wigan where asked to keep it quite
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ian.birchall wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:Smiths house up for sale , wanted a new 5 year deal we offered him 2 , stains i believe have said yes to a 4 year deal so bye bye
Well, looking at solicitors fees and stamp duty it strikes me that for the extra few miles he would be better off financially staying where he is now.
Perhaps he doesn't want the possible grief he may get if he goes playing for the scum?
He may well have been moving anyway.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

Andy Clarke opened his mouth & Saints had good as pulled the plug on the deal!!! So that seems a strange one hence it all going quiet!!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

juanpablo wrote:Andy Clarke opened his mouth & Saints had good as pulled the plug on the deal!!! So that seems a strange one hence it all going quiet!!
Can't see this being true, if the move is as fragile as you claim over people finding out then the player who wants security wouldn't move. Imo it's people who claimed the move was on hedging their bets in case it doesn't happen, "Andy Clarke opened his mouth & saints had good as pulled the plug" no offence it sounds bs. He's either going or staying we'll just have to wait
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

There's no wait & see he's signed for Saints thank god!!!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

juanpablo wrote:There's no wait & see he's signed for Saints thank god!!!
I see the agenda now, you don't like him so only want to believe he's going. Just remember not to cheer when that drop kick seals the deal on Saturday.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

fozzieskem wrote:
I stand by what i say,not a single player has come back as good as before they left,i hope with Budgie he is the execption.
Correct on both counts
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Kittwazzer wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
I stand by what i say,not a single player has come back as good as before they left,i hope with Budgie he is the execption.
Correct on both counts
I think Budgies time away will not just benefit him as a player but also serve as a warning to other young players. He did well at the bunnies but was wasted at the roosters
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well it seems he needs a hernia op so at least the season us over and he can recover,but yes Budgies story should be told to any young player thinking of the NRL,you go too soon and they won't have you back.

Madge helped him that's for sure but his form was erratic at best but I suppose that was to be expected,the player Wigan have got back us still worst gone backwards or in my opinion stood still,now if that's the case then it's not as bad as it could be but I stand by what I say,no player has returned a better player.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

So just to confirm budgie has come back injured with a hernia?
Nothing new there then with returnees?
Fingers crossed Lulu doesn't take a hit in the internationals.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield