Grand Final Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Grand Final Squad

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name squad for First Utility Super League Grand Final

Wigan make just one change with Ben Flower replacing Kyle Shelford

Wigan face Warrington in the 2016 Grand Final at Old Trafford on Saturday 8th October, 6pm

Wigan Warriors have today named their 19-man squad for the First Utility Super League Grand Final.

The Warriors will take on Warrington Wolves in Saturday’s showpiece event, their fourth consecutive Grand Final appearance. The game takes place at Old Trafford and kicks-off at 6pm.

The teams have met twice this year with Warrington winning both regular season games before Wigan staged a monumental fightback to overturn a 14-point deficit to win the Super 8s game at the Halliwell Jones stadium just last month.

Wigan make just one change with Ben Flower returning to the squad following suspension and taking the place of Kyle Shelford.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad
John Bateman, Joe Bretherton, Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Jake Shorrocks, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, Jack Wells & George Williams

Less than 4,000 tickets remain for this year’s Grand Final and are available now from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline - 0871 6633 552 and online HERE

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... JUebROP.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Grand Final Squad

Post by cpwigan »

Phew. Glad we have not gone for the Lockers risk.

Presumably,

Bretherton - 18, Wells - 19
lcharnock2

Post by lcharnock2 »

Looking at both of the squads you have to feel everything is set up for it to finally be Wire'a year, but I wouldn't write our boys off. The togetherness and spirit they've shown in the last month smacks of a grand final winning team. IMO, it would be one of our greatest victories should we get it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

lcharnock2 wrote:Looking at both of the squads you have to feel everything is set up for it to finally be Wire'a year, but I wouldn't write our boys off. The togetherness and spirit they've shown in the last month smacks of a grand final winning team. IMO, it would be one of our greatest victories should we get it.
Sadly I agree I think it will be Wires year. I am not too worried about Sandow being in the squad, the selection of Dwyer makes them a far better team in my view.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Just my opinion but we become weaker with Flower in the squad, plus if he starts it shows Wane hasn't learnt a thing. Wire win i'm afraid, obviously hope i'm wrong but all season we haven't played as a team until he was out. Wane's policy of jobs for the boys will be his downfall in the end.
If he chose Lockers then you could justify it because he can change a game even if he only plays for 20 mins, Ben will be Sims bitch for all his game time and as Kev Brown proved he's a shit house who's easily bullied.

lol was in a good mood until I saw this, rant over
:lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Thank Fook theres no Lockers :cool:
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Josie's friend wrote:Just my opinion but we become weaker with Flower in the squad, plus if he starts it shows Wane hasn't learnt a thing. Wire win i'm afraid, obviously hope i'm wrong but all season we haven't played as a team until he was out. Wane's policy of jobs for the boys will be his downfall in the end.
If he chose Lockers then you could justify it because he can change a game even if he only plays for 20 mins, Ben will be Sims bitch for all his game time and as Kev Brown proved he's a shit house who's easily bullied.

How on earth can you possibly think we are weaker with Flower in the squad?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Warrior20 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:Just my opinion but we become weaker with Flower in the squad, plus if he starts it shows Wane hasn't learnt a thing. Wire win i'm afraid, obviously hope i'm wrong but all season we haven't played as a team until he was out. Wane's policy of jobs for the boys will be his downfall in the end.

Presumably the discipline issue. 12 men are weaker than 13
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:

Presumably the discipline issue. 12 men are weaker than 13
i must watch a different game if Flower is a shithouse. He gives 100% and he's a good player. Sims is the bully. People should get off his case and let him play
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I'd have Sims the bully in our team anytime, it's the hypocritical thing of if you are a quality player being a bit dirty to get the job done is acceptable. No issue with props taking out other props