Sarge!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Sarge!!

Post by cpwigan »

I haven't watched it on DVD yet but match wise I did not see Faz as MOM but I guess we could have picked anybody virtually from the team.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Firestarter wrote:I called for farrell mom, followed closely by sarge.
Sitting in the heavens i was so impressed with the lines farrell ran( on and off the ball)
Watching on TV - exactly our views re MOM.

I'm so glad the 100%ers stood out last night. Farrell, Gildart, Bateman, Crosby & Charnley all took the ball at the most difficult times; made crucial yards and always looked to break or set up an attack.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Even Liam Faz thought Sarge was MOM :)
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Having watched it again on sky plus (twice) I'm even more impressed by Sarge's efforts. Reading his stats backs it up as well.

276 metres with the ball, fully 100 metres more than anyone else on the field, equal top on tackle busts with Farrel, and he put in the kick for the Charnley try, which I hadn't realised at the time due to the fact I was leaping around like a lunatic
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Try saving tackle too. Poopif he had been called Sam T, people would be saying better than Slater and Inglis!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

It would appear that Sam Tomkins has become the NEW Shaun Wane, even when he's not playing!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Should Wigan offload Sam CP?

Wigan have been awful to watch this season and they have had a few off the field incidents BUT when you win a GF I don't think you can say you have had an awful season!!!! That is just awful logic.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:It would appear that Sam Tomkins has become the NEW Shaun Wane, even when he's not playing!!
Your better than that Rogues or should be :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wes wrote:Should Wigan offload Sam CP?

Wigan have been awful to watch this season and they have had a few off the field incidents BUT when you win a GF I don't think you can say you have had an awful season!!!! That is just awful logic.
They should not and cannot Wes. We have Escare too now to possibly put pressure on.

It has been an awful season for RL and for Wigan RLFCin terms of entertainment. Of course you are and have to be delighted by a GF but lets not pretend this was a vintage RL year. I believe you can say injuries = mitigation for awful attack but you cannot keep making excuses otherwise attendances will drop when IL wants them to be growing significantly as we all do.
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:It would appear that Sam Tomkins has become the NEW Shaun Wane, even when he's not playing!!
Your better than that Rogues or should be :roll:
Think No Straw, or Rogues is well in line to highlight the fact that you slay Sam in a post supposedly about Sarge.

Sarge had a brilliant game but why disparage Sam?