AMAZING

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: AMAZING

Post by Wintergreen »

Sam P stepped up big time this year.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Most improved player in SL.

Took time to settle but will be great next season to have 2 hookers and able to rest in turn.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tierney and in a way Sam P has played made me rethink my views re young players and how they literally have to be incredible from their debut. A spell of matches in the same position makes the huge difference. It does make me wonder re reserve RL.

Everything is conjecture. Maybe it has take these barren seasons to get to this stage. We once could not win big games without Lockers and I know everybody say injuries, injuries but it could have been the making of the club.

I am not a huge Wane fan BUt IMO it is hard to argue there is a good atmosphere within the squad and that is what we are, a squad!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Tierney and in a way Sam P has played made me rethink my views re young players and how they literally have to be incredible from their debut. A spell of matches in the same position makes the huge difference. It does make me wonder re reserve RL.

Everything is conjecture. Maybe it has take these barren seasons to get to this stage. We once could not win big games without Lockers and I know everybody say injuries, injuries but it could have been the making of the club.

I am not a huge Wane fan BUt IMO it is hard to argue there is a good atmosphere within the squad and that is what we are, a squad!
???????????? And don't we know it ???????????? You remind us every day at least twenty times or more ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

But Josie if you actually read what CPW posts he thinks this season has been unforgettable for Rugby League and he feels it hard to argue that there is an unbreakable spirit in the squad. Perhaps you could give him a training lesson on the use of the edit and delete buttons. :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Longstanding

Post by Longstanding »

I'm another amazed fan, I was pessimistic
before the game. As always the team gave
110% and our defence was superb so all
credit to Mr Wane for that. I think
Sean Wane has now proved his worth
but I hope he has learned from this
past season and embraces the new attacking
style which has brought success.
Perhaps we will see attendances climb
again.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ian.birchall wrote:But Josie if you actually read what CPW posts he thinks this season has been unforgettable for Rugby League and he feels it hard to argue that there is an unbreakable spirit in the squad. Perhaps you could give him a training lesson on the use of the edit and delete buttons. :roll:
Your post make no sense and you seem to have found some courage and want to talk silly. I am here and will happily oblige anybody verbally.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Yep.

What a day....

Thought we had little chance.
I had hope after the Warrington comeback and Tompkins played his best game this season..but then he was out...thought we'd need his class to overcome Wire again.

Had a sneaking feeling on the day but didn't want to believe it in case I jinxed it.

Amazing effort - keeping Wire scoreless for nigh on 60 minutes. Seemed to make a ton of mistakes but to then get 3/4 in the tackle when they went to take advantage...

Amazing end - My Mum took a sign thanking Dan and Josh, they saw it and pointed up to it - there is a picture of them pointing in many papers today - made her year!