Gratitude.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Gratitude.

Post by cpwigan »

jao711 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
jao711 wrote:For heavens sake the moaners are back already.We've not had chance to bask in the glory of a tremendous achievment ,and they are picking holes in the coach ,the season,the club,you name it.On the 1st of September CPW wanted Wayne sacked with immediate effect and had plenty of support.That move would have cost us a GF WIN believe me.What those people are short of is a couple of years in the championship to make them appreciate what we have.As Wane said we don't know the half of what the club have gone through this year but we the fans have got our championship .I will be renewing my season ticket as all others should if they can afford it.Any one who remembers watching Wigan or indeed the game itself in the 1970s will tell you what we have now is wonderful by comparison.Do not let anyone tell you different.How do you think the KR fans feel? No club has a God given right to have the best team or win all the trophies and it's just as difficult for them all.If you read League Express today take note of the thoughts of the players of both teams on the game.They know how to win,and lose gracefully,and with dignity.It is the fans who make excuses and blame referees and coaches.
I would replace Wane tomorrow. I do find it near impossible to wade through drivel with no paragraphs.

P.S If it helps you I was around in the 70's and beyond and my family were Wigan followers pre WWII and shareholder blah blah. If I am wrong apoligies but you strike me as a kid.
cpwigan wrote:
jao711 wrote:For heavens sake the moaners are back already.We've not had chance to bask in the glory of a tremendous achievment ,and they are picking holes in the coach ,the season,the club,you name it.On the 1st of September CPW wanted Wayne sacked with immediate effect and had plenty of support.That move would have cost us a GF WIN believe me.What those people are short of is a couple of years in the championship to make them appreciate what we have.As Wane said we don't know the half of what the club have gone through this year but we the fans have got our championship .I will be renewing my season ticket as all others should if they can afford it.Any one who remembers watching Wigan or indeed the game itself in the 1970s will tell you what we have now is wonderful by comparison.Do not let anyone tell you different.How do you think the KR fans feel? No club has a God given right to have the best team or win all the trophies and it's just as difficult for them all.If you read League Express today take note of the thoughts of the players of both teams on the game.They know how to win,and lose gracefully,and with dignity.It is the fans who make excuses and blame referees and coaches.
I would replace Wane tomorrow. I do find it near impossible to wade through drivel with no paragraphs.

P.S If it helps you I was around in the 70's and beyond and my family were Wigan followers pre WWII and shareholder blah blah. If I am wrong apoligies but you strike me as a kid.
My first visit to Central Park was around 1953/4 .My father was a season ticket holder in the old wooden Douglas Stand.I hope my credentials are of the required standard.Concerning the "drivel" may I remind you that this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions. Ps your spelling isn't perfect either.
Indeed you are. You came across as a brainwashed kid. Plenty of typos here.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The club does not act like a genuine employer. Sam T would be on warning, possibly final given his twitter nonsense.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Distasteful and petty on Sams part.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

God wrote:Everybody knows who Bilko is, everybody holds his views as very balanced and correct bar the odd person.

As stated above, he dedicates his time to Wigan Warriors, all of his free time for no reward of money, yes he gets a free pass into Wigan games some may argue, but that is off set for the contribution to Wigan TV he does for free and the commentary for WishFM also for free.

Down the years he's sold Wigan over the radio with his commentary and is popular, his opinions at the Widnes game was an accumulation of bad news family wise and him venting frustration at the standard of play by not only Wigan but across the board.

Twice this season Tomkins has had a pop at Bilko for that comment the second via Twitter for me has put him right on my shit list.

Tomkins despite playing for the club I have supported for over 30 years is my most hated player in the league, the man is a complete tosser.
*looks at your footer* :D :D :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wintergreen wrote:
God wrote:Everybody knows who Bilko is, everybody holds his views as very balanced and correct bar the odd person.

As stated above, he dedicates his time to Wigan Warriors, all of his free time for no reward of money, yes he gets a free pass into Wigan games some may argue, but that is off set for the contribution to Wigan TV he does for free and the commentary for WishFM also for free.

Down the years he's sold Wigan over the radio with his commentary and is popular, his opinions at the Widnes game was an accumulation of bad news family wise and him venting frustration at the standard of play by not only Wigan but across the board.

Twice this season Tomkins has had a pop at Bilko for that comment the second via Twitter for me has put him right on my shit list.

Tomkins despite playing for the club I have supported for over 30 years is my most hated player in the league, the man is a complete tosser.
*looks at your footer* :D :D :D
Missed that well spotted.

Now that has made me laugh.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Stop worrying, the RLfans lads, the Rogues, Juke and co will soon knock the idiots down :roll: Rogues will even tell Sam T and IL to their faces tomorrow night :roll:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Sam Tomkins is fast becoming one of my least liked players (and im including other teams)

I said a few weeks back that it was a travesty to the league that we were in a position to win a GF and i stand by that comment 100%

I am a wigan fan and i was there shouting my lungs out for us to win, but the result in no way excuses how bad both wigan were and the league has become in general

If a murderer is found not-guilty despite the evidence to the contrary you cant just forget the trial.

I disagree with fans like TBW who think as long as we win it doesnt matter how dire the spectacle is. I watch rugby league for entertainment if its not entertaining me why would i invest money in it?, there are plenty of sports i could watch and support someone just to see them win the whole point is that i enjoy the process.

I think Bilkos comments still are true he was saying it was an embarassment that we were in with a shout of the GF and it was really, we were playing some of the worst rugby ive seen in all my years of watching wigan.

My problem is that you can look back at the entire season this year and there has hardly been a decent game to watch with any teams involved
I have always said in an ideal world we would be entertained and win things and I stick by that! I just think at elite level the games/teams are that closely matched that one mistake, bad decision, poor officiating etc. Can be the difference between winning and losing, I choose winning over everything else all day long! One simple reason is the feeling saturday night for us compared to them was vast and also you can't change the history books! True greats, legends win things, they are winners, you are remembered for winning! If you are that good that you can entertain consistently as well then brilliant! Having all the adversity we had this season I think it was a one off and we will be more entertaining next season!

Ask Wire would they swap their entertaining season for our GF WIN?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Sam Tomkins is fast becoming one of my least liked players (and im including other teams)

I said a few weeks back that it was a travesty to the league that we were in a position to win a GF and i stand by that comment 100%

I am a wigan fan and i was there shouting my lungs out for us to win, but the result in no way excuses how bad both wigan were and the league has become in general

If a murderer is found not-guilty despite the evidence to the contrary you cant just forget the trial.

I disagree with fans like TBW who think as long as we win it doesnt matter how dire the spectacle is. I watch rugby league for entertainment if its not entertaining me why would i invest money in it?, there are plenty of sports i could watch and support someone just to see them win the whole point is that i enjoy the process.

I think Bilkos comments still are true he was saying it was an embarassment that we were in with a shout of the GF and it was really, we were playing some of the worst rugby ive seen in all my years of watching wigan.

My problem is that you can look back at the entire season this year and there has hardly been a decent game to watch with any teams involved
I have always said in an ideal world we would be entertained and win things and I stick by that! I just think at elite level the games/teams are that closely matched that one mistake, bad decision, poor officiating etc. Can be the difference between winning and losing, I choose winning over everything else all day long! One simple reason is the feeling saturday night for us compared to them was vast and also you can't change the history books! True greats, legends win things, they are winners, you are remembered for winning! If you are that good that you can entertain consistently as well then brilliant! Having all the adversity we had this season I think it was a one off and we will be more entertaining next season!

Hope you are right!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:He did. Sam was a great kid, now :angry: Any Wigan fan cannot praise a man who did what he did to Stef Marsh or do the likes of Josie and Rogues selectively lose their voices.
WTF are you on about again??

I don't post on every fecking topic like you! I don't profess to be a know it all.

You don't half like blowing your own fecking bloody trumpet!!

"I've been around from the seventies, my family were all Wigan supporters & even shareholders"! So what?

Stop being such a bloody braggart ????

I don't know what went on with Stefan Marsh! I don't know about Sam T asking someone to buy him a drink!! Were you there? Who told you??

Why do you have to keep putting people down just cos they don't rise to your condescending crap ????

Stop bloody hogging the forum, you cause so much friction on here it's bloody ridiculous ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wintergreen wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Hope you are right!
Me too!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett