Gratitude.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Gratitude.

Post by moto748 »

The more I read about Twitter the gladder I am that I've steered well clear of it.

As far as Tomkins is concerned, I think it's a case of, as Clement Attlee said,

"a period of silence from you would be welcome".

As others have said, with his less-than-sparkling performances so far (for whatever reason), he needs to put up or shut up. Well, shut up anyway! :)
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Unfortunately in this instance the star struck have been casting there bait in bilko's direction. I had my own two penneth with one half wit last night and he blocked me! Great stuff!!
What happened WW?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

my thoughts on the matter of gratitude

http://whatcanisay.co.uk/sport/majority/
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

si_bax wrote:my thoughts on the matter of gratitude

http://whatcanisay.co.uk/sport/majority/
Honestly you do the majority of fans a massive disservice they simply know the bulldozing days of yore are over,all want to see a Wigan win of course we do but the majority I feel want to be entertained,something Wigan failed to do on many occasions last season and beyond that too.

Injuries we know,we sympathised about them and I think gave a lot of leeway because of that but what everyone was getting fed up or the majority at least was the dire one dimensional rugby that was served up in parts,these kids can play they proved that during and post Wire game why not let them before?

Wane's comments were crass at a time when a corner,I felt had been turned by the club,still carrying the same injuries but playing like men released in those last few games,the injuries weren't mentioned as much then were they?

But it sums up a detachment between club and fans that if allowed to fester will lead to tears down the road as a club simply can't function without us for all of sky's money.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:Josie, don't stoop to his level.
MMm poor Josie forgot to delete posts ap[art from mine so let's leave it now dear

My level Rogues is above both of you. I believe poor Josie is suffering from amnesia and you will have a brown tongue tonight!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Unfortunately in this instance the star struck have been casting there bait in bilko's direction. I had my own two penneth with one half wit last night and he blocked me! Great stuff!!
What happened WW?
Comments about bilko I disliked, very personal towards him. I asked the person had he watched wigan in the 2nd division, didn't get a reply and went to get an answer and blocked. Mission accomplished.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
What happened WW?
Comments about bilko I disliked, very personal towards him. I asked the person had he watched wigan in the 2nd division, didn't get a reply and went to get an answer and blocked. Mission accomplished.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Amazing how a simple post has turned into a torrent of abuse against Sam T and other posters.How Sam got into the thread I really don't know.This forum has been getting a bit nasty of late and the people involved in managing the site do not deserve that.Perhaps when it closes it will be for the best.Very sad though.
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

jao711 wrote:Amazing how a simple post has turned into a torrent of abuse against Sam T and other posters.How Sam got into the thread I really don't know.This forum has been getting a bit nasty of late and the people involved in managing the site do not deserve that.Perhaps when it closes it will be for the best.Very sad though.
Couldn't agree more jao. Although it isn't the forum that is sad, just some of the posters!

At a time when any self-respecting supporter should be basking in the glow of success - against all the odds - all we get from some posters is bloody doom and gloom. What is wrong with you people? We have just succeeded in a season where the 'spine' of the team has been missing for the larger part. 1, 9 and 13 have been almost non-existent. How many other teams could have coped with that?

Shaun Wane has managed his dwindling resources better than any other coach in Superleague and that is credit not just to him but to the u19 coaches, the fitness coaches, the medics and every other member of staff who have contributed to a most extraordinary season.

I am a most unashamedly 'happy clapper".
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Far easier to communicate face to face. A post could be read by several people and each could interpret the meaning slightly different from what the poster had intended.Everyone has a point of view and just because it differs from other people's views does not make them in the wrong.This is the only forum I have been on and I think the key to it all is tollerence!!! we and I mean the manager fans and players are all the same side.