Hello All...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
South Sydney Warrior

Hello All...

Post by South Sydney Warrior »

Hi guys,

I'm not really one to make an introduction thread on forums (I am on a few other rugby league ones) but I just wanted to say that I've been loosely following Wigan and the Super League for a few years but now my rugby league obsession has gone into overdrive and am looking forward to keeping more in touch with the English league.

I am of course a massive fan from of the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs and because of the Madge connection, in 2012 I decided to see what all the fuss was about the Warriors. Needless to say I've really taken a liking to the club and have been following ever since.

This year I only caught a few games but was very surprised to see the team lift the trophy especially with all the injury concerns, not to mention the form of both Warrington and Hull FC. An absolutely monumental effort from the cherry and whites and I am now very excited to see what 2017 holds for them.

I'm looking forward to seeing some in depth discussion about the team as well as the competition over the off season so I can get more of a grasp of how it's run in England compared to in Australia. Cheers!
josie andrews

Re: Hello All...

Post by josie andrews »

South Sydney Warrior wrote:Hi guys,

I'm not really one to make an introduction thread on forums (I am on a few other rugby league ones) but I just wanted to say that I've been loosely following Wigan and the Super League for a few years but now my rugby league obsession has gone into overdrive and am looking forward to keeping more in touch with the English league.

I am of course a massive fan from of the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs and because of the Madge connection, in 2012 I decided to see what all the fuss was about the Warriors. Needless to say I've really taken a liking to the club and have been following ever since.

This year I only caught a few games but was very surprised to see the team lift the trophy especially with all the injury concerns, not to mention the form of both Warrington and Hull FC. An absolutely monumental effort from the cherry and whites and I am now very excited to see what 2017 holds for them.

I'm looking forward to seeing some in depth discussion about the team as well as the competition over the off season so I can get more of a grasp of how it's run in England compared to in Australia. Cheers!
Hello, & welcome to the site
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Welcome to the family, Madge is still held in high regard here by many fans, he turned the club round started a work ethic here that you can still see today.
I for one would love the WCC to be in Aus this time as couldn't get over for the last one.
Would be ok for you I suspect
BriH

Post by BriH »

G'day SSW!
Welcome to the Mad House!!
South Sydney Warrior

Rochdale Warrior wrote:Welcome to the family, Madge is still held in high regard here by many fans, he turned the club round started a work ethic here that you can still see today.
I for one would love the WCC to be in Aus this time as couldn't get over for the last one.
Would be ok for you I suspect
Thanks mate. Great to hear he still got fans over there. He's doing well here but still has his critics, but similarly he was the catalyst for change in our culture. Great bloke and I hope he stays for a long while.

I second that entirely. I regret not going to the game in 2013 vs Easts, so hopefully they come down to play the Sharkies so I can grab some merch and see them play live.
markill

Post by markill »

Good to have you on board SSW. When Madge headed back down under to Souths I got myself a jersey. I think with the English connection on top of Madge a lot of Wigan fans have taken a shine to Souths in recent years.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Always had a soft spot since they were struggling but had the likes of Tony Rampling, Mario, Lew Davidson (fantastic for us), Craig Coleman. Henderson Gill a Wigan winger had a brief spell at the Rabbitohs. IIRC Phil Blake had a stint with you and was great for us.

Fighting to get back in the NRL and then of course Madge and the like of Sam and Inglis.
South Sydney Warrior

markill wrote:Good to have you on board SSW. When Madge headed back down under to Souths I got myself a jersey. I think with the English connection on top of Madge a lot of Wigan fans have taken a shine to Souths in recent years.
Thanks mate. Hoping to get a Wigan jersey sometime. Hoping they play here for the WCC so I can grab one. I think a big thing for me this year was when we took Budgie midseason. I was hoping he'd stay he started to combine really well with Aaron Gray. Hopefully he comes back in the near future.
South Sydney Warrior

cpwigan wrote:Always had a soft spot since they were struggling but had the likes of Tony Rampling, Mario, Lew Davidson (fantastic for us), Craig Coleman. Henderson Gill a Wigan winger had a brief spell at the Rabbitohs. IIRC Phil Blake had a stint with you and was great for us.

Fighting to get back in the NRL and then of course Madge and the like of Sam and Inglis.
I didn't even know some of those players had associations with Wigan, great to hear. I wasn't around for that era but have heard great things. The Bunnies probably should have taken out the comp at some stage there (particularly 89') but I guess we got our win in 2014. Was hoping we'd play Wigan but it was satisfying smashing St Helens (who I despise)
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

South Sydney Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Always had a soft spot since they were struggling but had the likes of Tony Rampling, Mario, Lew Davidson (fantastic for us), Craig Coleman. Henderson Gill a Wigan winger had a brief spell at the Rabbitohs. IIRC Phil Blake had a stint with you and was great for us.

I didn't even know some of those players had associations with Wigan, great to hear. I wasn't around for that era but have heard great things. The Bunnies probably should have taken out the comp at some stage there (particularly 89') but I guess we got our win in 2014. Was hoping we'd play Wigan but it was satisfying smashing St Helens (who I despise)
Fair dinkum mate. I'll send you a shirt if you send us Inglis! I hope you enjoy following the forum and Wigan.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards