Relieve Wane ASAP, write the season off ..

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Relieve Wane ASAP, write the season off ..

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'm the same as most people in thinking the season has been one of poor quality rugby. What we all agreed though was the effort being put in by all the players who took the field in a Wigan shirt.
That effort and a few drop goals got us winning games we'd otherwise have lost.
I felt that the dreadful Widnes defeat was a watershed for the club and said so in the bar after the game.
Since then the style of rugby improved and we beat the two front runners of the season Wire and Hull twice each.
The last win at OT gave us the League Championship.
I'm very happy as a fan and think it was deserved by the players, coaching staff and all at the club.
Through the season we turned ugly defeats into wins by the attitude of the team. That spirit gave us a high position in the League from which we went for the title.
Like many on here I've watched Wigan RL for decades. A Hen Pen lad who got in for 3d.
Shaun Wane's squads put in the effort week in week out like I've never seen before. I've seen better players, absolute stars and legends of the game who've come off after a defeat having not broken sweat. That is the epitome of disappointing.
Shaun Wane's teams (squads) will never do that. He's been in charge too long for us not to know that by now. We've asked for an attacking coach, my bet is that Tommy Leuluai is that coach.

We are 2016 League Champions going into next season with the best motivational coach we've surely ever had. An attack coach that we've all wanted. A 2017 season with relatively few injuries and the future looks very bright for us all and the club with it being run by IL, SW & KR.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
God wrote:Dragging this post up,for a better word gloating. The grand final was 50/50 and you happy clappers gambled a win.

What if it went the other way and we didn't win? With the season we have had, what then?

Sat there eating you're prawn sandwiches celebrating shit rugby.

If it wasnt for the negativity from fans and media alike you wouldnt be celebrating anything this season.

If it wasnt for the negativity after the Widnes game with the fans and media putting Wane under pressure at press conferences and in person again you wouldnt be gloating.

The likes of these posts coupled with players like Tomkins goading fans makes me realise that the real fans, the proper fans who demand success are the reason you are celebrating a grand final win.

Without us critical fans the season would have turned into a non event, and you clowns would have lapped it up regardless.

Rant over.
But it didn't God! The last 5 weeks were thrilling, exciting RL that we come to expect, probably because we had some players back and kept a settled side!

I had given up during the season but happy I was wrong, I think we should now look forward to next season.
Hello :lol:

Deal with it TB, God says the same, the truth. What next you and Dotty Josie abusing him, deleting posts, lockingb threads. GUTLESS the pair of you and at least one Mrs Amnesia is the most bare faced liar to front up on these forums.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I'm the same as most people in thinking the season has been one of poor quality rugby. What we all agreed though was the effort being put in by all the players who took the field in a Wigan shirt.
That effort and a few drop goals got us winning games we'd otherwise have lost.
I felt that the dreadful Widnes defeat was a watershed for the club and said so in the bar after the game.
Since then the style of rugby improved and we beat the two front runners of the season Wire and Hull twice each.
The last win at OT gave us the League Championship.
I'm very happy as a fan and think it was deserved by the players, coaching staff and all at the club.
Through the season we turned ugly defeats into wins by the attitude of the team. That spirit gave us a high position in the League from which we went for the title.
Like many on here I've watched Wigan RL for decades. A Hen Pen lad who got in for 3d.
Shaun Wane's squads put in the effort week in week out like I've never seen before. I've seen better players, absolute stars and legends of the game who've come off after a defeat having not broken sweat. That is the epitome of disappointing.
Shaun Wane's teams (squads) will never do that. He's been in charge too long for us not to know that by now. We've asked for an attacking coach, my bet is that Tommy Leuluai is that coach.

We are 2016 League Champions going into next season with the best motivational coach we've surely ever had. An attack coach that we've all wanted. A 2017 season with relatively few injuries and the future looks very bright for us all and the club with it being run by IL, SW & KR.
We won nothing the seasons before so the only difference will be Tommy. What happened to motivation then or the CC this season.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
God wrote:Dragging this post up,for a better word gloating. The grand final was 50/50 and you happy clappers gambled a win.

What if it went the other way and we didn't win? With the season we have had, what then?

If it wasnt for the negativity from fans and media alike you wouldnt be celebrating anything this season.

If it wasnt for the negativity after the Widnes game with the fans and media putting Wane under pressure at press conferences and in person again you wouldnt be gloating.

The likes of these posts coupled with players like Tomkins goading fans makes me realise that the real fans, the proper fans who demand success are the reason you are celebrating a grand final win.

Without us critical fans the season would have turned into a non event, and you clowns would have lapped it up regardless.

Rant over.
But it didn't God! The last 5 weeks were thrilling, exciting RL that we come to expect, probably because we had some players back and kept a settled side!

I had given up during the season but happy I was wrong, I think we should now look forward to next season.
Hello :lol:

Deal with it TB, God says the same, the truth. What next you and Dotty Josie abusing him, deleting posts, lockingb threads. GUTLESS the pair of you and at least one Mrs Amnesia is the most bare faced liar to front up on these forums.
I seriously am concerned for your mental health, if us losing the GF would have kept you sane, I would have took that, it's not nice seeing someone having a meltdown, even on a fans forum!! :eh:

I will leave the abusing to you! Funny how you accuse everyone else of things that you are clearly guilty of yourself!

For the sake of your sanity, turn your internet off and spend some time with your family!! This forum just isn't that important cp!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

Rant over.
Happy with the win God?
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

God wrote:
jobo wrote:

Rant over.
Happy with the win God?
More than happy with the win, the season overal however has been the worst season in over 30 years of watching the game. I doubt very much some supporters would agree tho.

The turning point being the Widnes game, where i see it as the real fans turned on the players/management/club also media joining in with it being an awful season, instead of sitting there thumbs up our arses accepting shite rugby and letting the season petter out.

At least I know I was part of a set of fans demanding results rather than sat there applauding crap just waiting for a signature on a shirt going ahh well you tried you're best, never mind.

The critical fans/media are the sole reason for this grand final victory.
So really, we have you to thank for our Grand Final success?

There was me thinking that your deranged rants were worthless when all the time Shaun Wane and his staff were hanging on your every word. Just shows.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

God wrote:At least I know I was part of a set of fans demanding results rather than sat there applauding crap just waiting for a signature on a shirt going ahh well you tried you're best, never mind.

The critical fans/media are the sole reason for this grand final victory.
Good luck in convincing people that the critical fans were demanding results, particularly on a thread with "write the season off" in the title.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The last five weeks were great and defined our season. We thoroughly deserved our win at OT and I think the margin of the result flattered Wire. Yes we have suffered an extraordinary amount of injuries this season and the win is all the more exceptional for that. Nevertheless, the brand of rugby that we have played this term has been poor and at times boring, even when we had a strong team playing. Next year needs to be an improvement if the attendances are to improve. Given our victory I think that Waney deserves the chance to do so.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards