Morgan Escare

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Morgan Escare

Post by yokozuna »

http://wiganwarriors.com/news/2016-10-1 ... gan-escare

I like his attacking style, a devastating burst of pace. Many have criticised his defensive ability - but I wonder if that can be coached/addressed?

He's a full-back, but does he play anywhere else? Can he double up on the wing for example? If he's coming in at full-back, what does that mean for Sam, or is a fit Sam still going to be the first-choice full-back?

Interesting times...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Barney841

Re: Morgan Escare

Post by Barney841 »

When are we ever gonna sign a player that's top quality again. I hope Sam gets over his injury in the break he's gonna have, otherwise it's gonna be easy pickings for the opposition with escare at full back.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Signed on an initial 1 year deal. Unless he tears up some trees next season he'll be gone by the following year. Seems as nothing more than a utility/squad player, covering wing and full back. if I was Escare I would be practising kicking goals right now. It didn't do Botica any harm in getting his initial spot on the wing.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

There must be some doubt about ST's return for early season or why sign a full back when Tierney can cover. I know full well Manfredi won't start the season but nevertheless it's an interesting one.
I've been quite impressed with his attack when I've seen him and no doubt he'll have to sharpen his defence and he has had his own injury problems.
I'll give him a chance before I'll slag him off.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Escare is a family friend of the Wane(s)
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Escare is a family friend of the Wane(s)
Are you?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Are you?
I tell you what TBW you really crease me up sometimes,keep up the good work ????
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I love watching him play. He is much further on in his development than Sarg when we signed him (and Clubb, and Flower...) so imagine what we can do with him. He couldn't be boring if he tried.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Are you?
I am a friend of every decent person (are you) :cool:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Are you?
I am a friend of every decent person (are you) :cool:
Yes, the Wanes!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett