Re: Williams to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Is that assuming ST is fit for the start of the season? I'll bet some folk will bet good money he's not! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

adiddy wrote:Another thought crossed my mind.....George to the Wolfs :wink: Sam to stand off, and Escare full back??

Matt
Nah, only signed Escare on 1 year deal. George Williams should be around for next decade.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

[quote=

Nah, only signed Escare on 1 year deal. George Williams should be around for next decade. [/quote]

In all my time watching Wigan, It's only known two half backs who have been around for ten years and they were Tommy Bradshaw and Shaun Edwards. I just live in hope that George Williams joins that exclusive club 'cos he's got the class to do it.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I've always been willing to give the benefit of the doubt to IL and SW on various things and contrary to what some in here would say they've invariably been right in their decisions.

However if George Williams is allowed to leave to go to Warrington then I think it's a disgrace and I would agree with everyone that gave IL stick.

Hopefully this is just rumour or his agent trying to get him a better deal.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

sheepsteeth wrote:I've always been willing to give the benefit of the doubt to IL and SW on various things and contrary to what some in here would say they've invariably been right in their decisions.

However if George Williams is allowed to leave to go to Warrington then I think it's a disgrace and I would agree with everyone that gave IL stick.

Hopefully this is just rumour or his agent trying to get him a better deal.
Have this feeling as well re agent. Just hope IL does not call his bluff. Williams deserves more his form last season proves that. But he is not worth what Wire are allegedly going to pay him.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

This had better be a load of rubbish.
You don't sell your best players especially to a rival team.
Williams is the best half back in the league, at such a young age he can only get better.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

TBH being a rival won't make a difference to Wane or IL, look at Crosby after FPN & Clubb he's our best prop. Along with Tautai we had a great set of rotating props during the game.

Sutton I can see playing more at 2nd row again
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:Because IL (and the fans in tandem) have stated it is not fair to prevent a player earning as much money as they can and the club doesn't stand in the way of unsettled players
Standing in the way of a player who has an offer from the NRL (or sadly England RU) is different to selling a player to a rival SL side. In going to another SL side they aren't going for the new challenge or any other such laudable aims by leaving Wigan and Williams shows no sign of being unsettled with no long held desire to play for Wire.

If they let Williams go to Wire they may as well hang a for sale sign around Bateman's neck as Wigan would be seen as a selling club.

I think it is quite justified to knock back offers for players from other SL sides and to expect players to see their contracts out in preference. The ££££ on offer may look nice but IL has to square that with how selling your best players affects revenue from fans and sponsors.

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

PorterjohLam wrote:I think the fact that we would let someone that good go, especially to a rival, would be it for me. Would lose a lot of interest.

Spot on. My feelings exactly
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

His dad is his agent mmmmm