thats it who do we support now

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: thats it who do we sup...

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
You've lived in Manchester Rob, you know what the RL scene is like here! It's a struggle to even find pubs to watch RL on Sky for things like Superleague, test matches etc, because there's Haslingdon vs Uppermill on the soccer or some such thing.
Yep, I did, back when I lived in civilisation! I got me League Express and other magazines from the newsagent opposite the BBC, always had them in.

If you go the pub on the corner of John Dalton Street and Deansgate, or Baracuda they play the rugby. Alternatively do what I did and get chatty with the landlord of your dingy local (Moss Side for you?) and get him to put them on.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Fraggle posted:
You've lived in Manchester Rob, you know what the RL scene is like here! It's a struggle to even find pubs to watch RL on Sky for things like Superleague, test matches etc, because there's Haslingdon vs Uppermill on the soccer or some such thing.
Yep, I did, back when I lived in civilisation! I got me League Express and other magazines from the newsagent opposite the BBC, always had them in.
No problem getting the magazines, the problem's getting the time and motivation to read them!
If you go the pub on the corner of John Dalton Street and Deansgate, or Baracuda they play the rugby. Alternatively do what I did and get chatty with the landlord of your dingy local (Moss Side for you?) and get him to put them on.
Not sure where my dingy local would be, some Caribbean hashpit in Hulme probably. Moss Side's a little bit of a way to walk.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Fraggle posted:
Not sure where my dingy local would be, some Caribbean hashpit in Hulme probably. Moss Side's a little bit of a way to walk.
Don't ever walk through Moss Side Fraggle please!

Back to title of this thread, it's got to be Bradford me now. They've been very quiet this year but I don't want Saints getting there and I don't want Leeds to win anything this year. Although, saying that I don't want Bradford to be the first team outside of the top 2 to win the GF. ARGH DILEMMA
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Has to be Bradford for me aswell, it's better for the neutrals when someone comes along at the last minute to take the title (like in the NRL this season). They've had a quiet season so they've not annoyed me as much as they usually do. And it's really coming to something when Brian Noble is your favourite coach out of the ones who can still win it!
heydude

Post by heydude »

SiY posted:
Well...i would laugh if Stains blamed injuries to losing. We have had them all year bout time some other team felt it too.

What worries me is that the only way a Lancs team wins (that we want to win) is if we win it. Because the only strong teams in Lanc is Wigan and Stains. Warrington yes..but can they keep that up next season? Yet Wigan/Stains vs Bradford/Leeds/Hull. Seeing as Stains are our enemies..for life then we are the only chance of a Lancs team that we want to win, winning. :)
sorry to say but we are the only strong lancs team because st helens is in merseyside (scouseland) now and warrington is in cheshire (footballers wives land)so really it should be north west teams not lancashire teams.
don't eat yellow snow
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Louise posted:
How about the U18's?
They are playing their final next weekend :exc: :roll:
loiuse something we agree on see you there as it been confirmed where they are playing yet :cool: :eh: :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
Louise posted:
How about the U18's?
They are playing their final next weekend :exc: :roll:
loiuse something we agree on see you there as it been confirmed where they are playing yet :cool: :eh: :wink:
Headingley...12.00 ko
botica

Post by botica »

sorry to say but we are the only strong lancs team because st helens is in merseyside (scouseland) now and warrington is in cheshire (footballers wives land)so really it should be north west teams not lancashire teams.

Well Wigan is actually Greater Manchester!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

botica posted:
Well Wigan is actually Greater Manchester!
But only geographically, not politically. If people want Wigan to be in Lancashire, then I'm afraid our deluded Scouse friends and Paul Cullen's roundabout lovers also need to be considered as being in Lancashire as well.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
botica

Post by botica »

True, i am afraid.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010