Charnley set for Debut

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
AndyNick

Charnley set for Debut

Post by AndyNick »

Not sure where to put this topic given he's not one of ours now, but Josh is set to make his Sale debut next Friday night at home to Wasps in the Anglo-Welsh Cup. Suspected they'd put him in the AW cup to start with, They play it on the same weekend as the Internationals so the big boys tend to be away playing in those.

£15 standing £20 seats, tempted to go down and support him. Something to do on a Friday out of our season. I went last week,for the Toulon game and I can confirm that they have sorted out the nightmare parking issue at the AJ Bell (For Sale games at least) Within half an hour of the final whistle I was off the carpark compared with the near 2 hours it took the last time I was there with Wigan.
DaveO

Re: Charnley set for Debut

Post by DaveO »

AndyNick wrote:£15 standing £20 seats, tempted to go down and support him. Something to do on a Friday out of our season. I went last week,for the Toulon game....
Traitor! :wink:

Got to say I am more than a little interested to see how he goes. I felt the public criticism he got from Wane in 2015 was out of order after being injured knocked his confidence. He was the butt of a lot of "the club is always right criticism" on here at the time and proved his doubters wrong this season. I will always feel he had no real desire to leave and without that episode he might still be a Wigan player. It's the sort of thing that makes you look elsewhere when previously you were quite happy.

AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Handled well (like they did Jason Robinson), and I think he could be a massive success. Keep him well away from the England setup until he's absolutely ready. We've seen with Sam Burgess that the Prawn Sandwich boys will be very quick to heap the blame for anything that goes wrong his way.

He's got the speed and strength in both attack and defence (unlike Chris Ashton) its a case of whether he can learn the breakdown aspects of the game.

Its an incredible opportunity for the lad and I'm sure we all wish him well.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Imo once he makes a couple of appearances he'll be farmed out to Fylde to learn the code, I think because they got him cheap RU-wise they won't rush his development. If he's patient he'll be successful in the long term but I can see a quick return to league.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Totally agree. When the Anglo-Welsh Cup games aren't on, get him to somewhere like Fylde, Sedgley Park, Hoppers or even Sale FC. He'll be playing a good standard well away from the media spotlight.

Rather than what they did with Burgess throwing him into an England Saxons game where he's playing opposite Gordon D'Arcy and wonder why he gets played off the park.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I see RU are again 'doing a Burgess' with Ben Te'o, who is now, apparently, a back, and, even more surprisingly, English! :lol:

Good player, though.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Ben Te'o has been playing for Leinster for a couple of seasons now and going well playing at Centre. Joined Worcester this season so Jones obviously wants a look. Apparently his mother has "English Heritage".......

To update on the Sale game next friday, they've got a Ticket and Pint offer on £15 for seats and £10 standing. Which randomly is £5 cheaper than just a ticket.

Costs less if you have a beer. A good policy!!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

AndyNick wrote:To update on the Sale game next friday, they've got a Ticket and Pint offer on £15 for seats and £10 standing. Which randomly is £5 cheaper than just a ticket.

Costs less if you have a beer. A good policy!!
That, my friend, is a great policy!!