Who will it be?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Who will it be?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

England or New Zealand v the Aussies at Anfield. I think it will be the Kiwis.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Who will it be?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Schoolboy errors costing us this game!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Simply a better team who are relentless and so consistent. Great learning for Bateman and Williams. Bateman was guts and great in defence. Williams was dangerous in attack but poor in defence. All the England team were good in and bad in others which is the difference.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

I'm not sure we could ever have won this game, but one area requiring massive improvement is the kicking game from England. What do you think folks?
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

The kicking game is as good as the 5 tackles before it. The statistics showed Australia destroyed England on every tackle. England did well to lead for 35 minutes. The second half England were on the back foot because of the effort made in the first half. Two missed kicks to touch was a big mistake.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Australia have exceptional talent in their kicking game with Cronk, JT and Smith all options. If England do go with Williams in the halves in future, which presumably they will, he needs a partner with a good kicking game. Someone better than Widdop, in other words. I think I would have liked to see them give Gale another shot, despite the fact he wasn't great in the earlier matches. I think it'd be a shame if he's been dumped for good now after two games.

If this series has shown anything, it's that the title of best kicking game in SL still comfortably lies with Danny Brough. But that ship long since has sailed.
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

Not trying to shut the gate after the horse has bolted BUT why was Sneyd not in the squad, he has been leaps & bounds the better English number 7 this season or has he ate reggae reggae sauce in his past so qualifies for Jamaica not England
moto748

Post by moto748 »

FWarrior wrote:The kicking game is as good as the 5 tackles before it.
Well, not quite. What this game showed was that even when Cronk was well pressured by defenders, he still had the ability to put in a telling and accurate kick.

Mind you, I'll bet he practises a lot.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Sneyd would have been a dsaster. His defence is awful and offers no attacking threat with the ball in hand. The 4N has proven half backs need to be a running threat with the ball in hand.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

FWarrior wrote:Sneyd would have been a dsaster. His defence is awful and offers no attacking threat with the ball in hand. The 4N has proven half backs need to be a running threat with the ball in hand.
But Sneyd being there and playing would have allowed the crowd to go Sneyyyydddd if nothing else no?