Re: Sandow gone

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wire are better off with Gidley and Patton as their halves.
Patton is a good lad and can learn a lot from Gidley.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WARRINGTON have been left stunned by Australian scrum-half Chris Sandow’s no-show.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-league ... Warrington
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

its interesting to read what Tony Smith has said about it

http://www.totalrl.com/smith-content-as ... arrington/

“If you ask me if I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed in the manner of which we found out rather than the news itself. The other disappointment is timing, but we’ll be fine. It gives us some time to look around, but we’d have liked to have known more directly at the end of the season. To leave it to the last minute before pre-season training started is pretty ordinary. Surprised? No. Disappointed? No. I’m ready to move on and recruit where we can.

“I can honestly say because of what he overall contributed to our squad and our team, I’m not too bothered. I think we can get, hopefully not similar, but we think we can get improvement in an all-round player who could be a bit steadier in some ways on and off the field. I’m not just being cool and calm here, I’m just genuinely not that disappointed.”

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Said it from day 1, waste of time!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

I got off the train at warrington after England v New Zealand and some of the locals told me about Sandow & Bailey being spoken to by the boys in blue over possession of apparently Colombian disco powder if true no wonder Sandow is staying off these shores
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

its a problem in our game, there is no doubt about it that the lad is talented and on his day he was a nightmare.

but there are too many like him - tim smith, todd carney, scott more, gaz hock etc

who just constantly throughout their career waste the talent.

Its a shame because if you could give his natural talent to someone like smith with his work ethic you would get a damn good player
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:its a problem in our game, there is no doubt about it that the lad is talented and on his day he was a nightmare.

but there are too many like him - tim smith, todd carney, scott more, gaz hock etc

Its a shame because if you could give his natural talent to someone like smith with his work ethic you would get a damn good player
I totally agree with you, is it a society thing? Someone like Matty Smith develops their work ethic to make up for the lack of natural talent to enable them to get a game, whereas those with natural flair are so mollycoddled and pandered to, with everything handed to them on a plate, they never develop the work ethic and throw a strop when things don't go their way.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Wigan_forever1985

southernpie wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:its a problem in our game, there is no doubt about it that the lad is talented and on his day he was a nightmare.

I totally agree with you, is it a society thing? Someone like Matty Smith develops their work ethic to make up for the lack of natural talent to enable them to get a game, whereas those with natural flair are so mollycoddled and pandered to, with everything handed to them on a plate, they never develop the work ethic and throw a strop when things don't go their way.
You've got a good point there I suppose it's a very difficult issue to fix because sport is a results based industry so no matter how much of a **** you are if you candeliever then you're almost forgiven in advance for it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
You've got a good point there I suppose it's a very difficult issue to fix because sport is a results based industry so no matter how much of a **** you are if you candeliever then you're almost forgiven in advance for it
Wasn't there a candeliever stand at Old Trafford once?
(Sorry Wfe, I couldn't resist! I do worse typos myself regularly, but this is a good 'un :D :D )
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

morley pie eater wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Wasn't there a candeliever stand at Old Trafford once?
(Sorry Wfe, I couldn't resist! I do worse typos myself regularly, but this is a good 'un :D :D )
im terrible for typo's i blame fat fingers vs small screens!! :)