Sintelins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Sintelins

Post by Panchitta Marra »

St Helens are making big comments that they own their own stadium, yet we don't.
I think I remember reading somewhere that St Helens still owe large amounts of money from their Pilkington Recs days, and that they are still paying large sums to the old club name or club associated with the old Pilkington recs.
Can anyone expand on what I'm saying and be more accurate in detail.
I'm fed up of reading on what they say they've got if they're still in serious debt.
AndyNick

Re: Sintelins

Post by AndyNick »

How Totally Wicked for them owning their own stadium....
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Panchitta Marra wrote:St Helens are making big comments that they own their own stadium, yet we don't.
I think I remember reading somewhere that St Helens still owe large amounts of money from their Pilkington Recs days, and that they are still paying large sums to the old club name or club associated with the old Pilkington recs.
I'm fed up of reading on what they say they've got if they're still in serious debt.
From what i have read about extinct Rl teams St. Helens Recs were owned by Pilkingtons and Pilkington Recs are the amateur team still playing, so they have nothing to do with St. Helens.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cow yeds wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:St Helens are making big comments that they own their own stadium, yet we don't.
From what i have read about extinct Rl teams St. Helens Recs were owned by Pilkingtons and Pilkington Recs are the amateur team still playing, so they have nothing to do with St. Helens.
I thought I'd read somewhere CY about saints still owing a large amount of money associated with a property, stadium, from their time when they were called pilkington and we're a professional rugby league team at that time. I thought one of the main reasons for the name change was due to this issue and they still owe money to another club or organisation.
May it be a football club they still owe money to.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cow yeds wrote:
I thought I'd read somewhere CY about saints still owing a large amount of money associated with a property, stadium, from their time when they were called pilkington and we're a professional rugby league team at that time. I thought one of the main reasons for the name change was due to this issue and they still owe money to another club or organisation.
May it be a football club they still owe money to.
Like i said St Helens have nothing to do with Pilkingtons. That was another team called St. Helens Recs who packed in just before the war.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Totally Wicked At The Saints.

You just couldn't make it up could you?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Embarrassing :blush:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun1967 wrote:Totally Wicked At The Saints.

You just couldn't make it up could you?

????????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

So is that how they will now be referred to for the duration of the sponsorship as opposed to Stains, Aints, Sintellins etc?
I like it!!!!.
ian b

Post by ian b »

who gives a toss what saints do ? !!!!!!!