Advertising your sport.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Panchitta Marra

Advertising your sport.

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ITV are giving plenty of air time in advertising the RBS six nations 2017 which starts at the same as as the coming superleague season. It's quality advertising for the yawnion matches too.
The RFL should give themselves a shake and take a leaf out of Onions book and promote some decent advertising with Sky for the start of the new SL season including the WCC.
Wormburner

Re: Advertising your sport.

Post by Wormburner »

I've notice we are not even part of Skys big upcoming year of sport advertisement, very very poor on Skys part
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wormburner wrote:I've notice we are not even part of Skys big upcoming year of sport advertisement, very very poor on Skys part
Is it sky to blame or rugby league for not pushing their sport enough.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wormburner wrote:I've notice we are not even part of Skys big upcoming year of sport advertisement, very very poor on Skys part
Bit of both I'd say
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
due to the RFL not even thinking about looking elsewhere to sky, sky have the rights to televised league matches. you would have hoped as part of that deal they would have to undertake a certain level of advertisement to promote the game. if they don't it that the RFL had no interest in the promotion of the sport they are the governing body for.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Caboosegg wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
due to the RFL not even thinking about looking elsewhere to sky, sky have the rights to televised league matches. you would have hoped as part of that deal they would have to undertake a certain level of advertisement to promote the game. if they don't it that the RFL had no interest in the promotion of the sport they are the governing body for.

Point taken but there is a wider issue which they share with the BBC and most if not all of the mainstream media and that is an institutional bias which has existed since RL broke. away from Union.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

SJ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Is it sky to blame or rugby league for not pushing their sport enough.

Point taken but there is a wider issue which they share with the BBC and most if not all of the mainstream media and that is an institutional bias which has existed since RL broke. away from Union.
But it is in Sky's interest to promote the sport they give airtime to. If they deliberately ignore it then they won't persuade advertises to pay much to advertise in the TV advertising slots who won't take kindly to having lower audiences. It won't help persuading potential customers who watch RL to subscribe either.

Sky are a commercial organisation and if they didn't get some benefit from RL they would not pay a penny for it so their lack of promotion of the game seems more like cock up than conspiracy to me.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, that's what I was wondering. I don't have a prob with the Johnny Vegas ad, but is it being shown on ITV? Channel 4? Channel 5?