10 Years for IL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FWarrior

10 Years for IL

Post by FWarrior »

Well almost. Decent interview on Wigan TV. IMO, IL has done a very good job as owner.
fozzieskem

Re: 10 Years for IL

Post by fozzieskem »

He has,sometimes perhaps we fans dont always appreciate the job he does in these harder times it must be a grim job at times keeping the club on an even keel while trying to keep everyone happy,from players to fans and all inbetween.

Long may he last in the job.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

FWarrior wrote:Well almost. Decent interview on Wigan TV. IMO, IL has done a very good job as owner.
I agree, his record speaks for itself.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
doc

Post by doc »

I though the last ten minutes of the interview were the most interesting:

IL saying that he and the bigger clubs chairmen should have been more vocal wrt their opposition of 3 x 8 structure and the current Sky TV deal.

The need to focus on building attendances via home fans rather than encouraging away fans.

Results from the recent fan survey being taken seriously by the marketing department.

The problems with the club being spread over 3 sites (Orrell, CP and the DW) and the need to centralise. I think this was alluded to a while ago on the rumour mill.

Closer co-operation with the Latics now that David Sharpe is in charge (maybe this is due to IL's position at the Football League).
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

doc wrote:I though the last ten minutes of the interview were the most interesting:

IL saying that he and the bigger clubs chairmen should have been more vocal wrt their opposition of 3 x 8 structure and the current Sky TV deal.

The need to focus on building attendances via home fans rather than encouraging away fans.

Results from the recent fan survey being taken seriously by the marketing department.

The problems with the club being spread over 3 sites (Orrell, CP and the DW) and the need to centralise. I think this was alluded to a while ago on the rumour mill.

Closer co-operation with the Latics now that David Sharpe is in charge (maybe this is due to IL's position at the Football League).
Heard a rumour last week that Wigan would like to move into the Sports Stadium next to the DW. I remember the academy playing v Wire there a few years ago, the first time I recall seeing Kevin Penny play.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

I agree, very good ,interesting interview.Ican understand his comments about the three locations,it is probably more expensive,but as I can walk down to Edge Hall Road for the Academy games in a few minutes my view is perhaps a little biased.We are moving in the right direction though as a club.It amuses me to see the Rhino's fans repeatedly telling us that Leeds is the best run club in Super League . It seems to me they have just made a crucial mistake of letting too many players get old at the same time,somethingWigan did at the end of the sixties.We're in good hands.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

jao711 wrote:I agree, very good ,interesting interview.Ican understand his comments about the three locations,it is probably more expensive,but as I can walk down to Edge Hall Road for the Academy games in a few minutes my view is perhaps a little biased.We are moving in the right direction though as a club.It amuses me to see the Rhino's fans repeatedly telling us that Leeds is the best run club in Super League . It seems to me they have just made a crucial mistake of letting too many players get old at the same time,somethingWigan did at the end of the sixties.We're in good hands.
would open up 5.30 kick offs at the athletic arena before first team at 8pm next door. If that happened it'd be great.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko wrote:
jao711 wrote:I agree, very good ,interesting interview.Ican understand his comments about the three locations,it is probably more expensive,but as I can walk down to Edge Hall Road for the Academy games in a few minutes my view is perhaps a little biased.We are moving in the right direction though as a club.It amuses me to see the Rhino's fans repeatedly telling us that Leeds is the best run club in Super League . It seems to me they have just made a crucial mistake of letting too many players get old at the same time,somethingWigan did at the end of the sixties.We're in good hands.
would open up 5.30 kick offs at the athletic arena before first team at 8pm next door. If that happened it'd be great.
Seconded ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He always seems to speak wisely, and I suppose it's all the more noticeable cos it seems so rare in rugby league these days!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

doc wrote:I though the last ten minutes of the interview were the most interesting:

I'm sure that the fact that the land values at Orrell are considerably more than those elsewhere is purely coincidental..........