Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Salford

Post by moto748 »

Listening on Wish FM, it's great hear them say Wigan looking good in attack. :)
turf

Re: Salford

Post by turf »

Couple of players missing Wigan I think :/

Looked at squad/bench on bbc website

Hope they are back for next week
superleague

Post by superleague »

Good first half, very sloppy second way too many errors and penalties
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Superstition is no use and is never accurate. It's garbage in fact - bit like reading your horoscope and thinking that the movement of the stars and Uranus could actually influence you.

However, we never seem to win silverware in seasons when we lose the first game. Not of course that one game has anything to do with anything. So I am crossing my fingers and looking for black cats and all that.

I suspect that at 0-26 the foot came off the gas with half an eye to next week.

But 2 points in a banana skin away first game I will take any day. So well done the lads.

See you at the DW on Sunday.
Stevethegas
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Normality resumes, why do we throw games so often when we should be closing the game down
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Very good first half lots of options in attack , second went off the boil a bit , but credit to Salford they didn't throw in the towel and were the best team second half , all in all good run out and strong squad on paper got minutes on the field.
No injuries from what I could see , one on report , was it Gells , didn't see what happened too far away presume high tackle.
Off the car park pretty quick as well , so good day now Cats and Wire
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

stevethegas wrote: But 2 points in a banana skin away first game I will take any day. So well done the lads.
Same here. Always think there is every opportunity to go in half cocked and drop points in a game we ought to expect to win on paper 1st game of the season.

I was not at the game and I got a message off my son saying did I know the Wigan score? No says I. 26-16 says he.

I nearly blew a gasket. It's 16-26!!!
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

superleague wrote:Good first half, very sloppy second way too many errors and penalties
Spot on.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Budgie looked very good. Gildart looks physically more IMO like a centre should. The 2nd half is a reflection of game won, WCC next week.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Went to the game, excellent first half, Tommy, George and Sam Powell superb, Budgie and Gillie played their part.Forwards good in first half then seemed to tire.Tautai brought some energy when he came on.All in all for first game I think we did well as I am sure one eye was on next week, well done boys.