Referee for WCC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for WCC

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS V CRONULLA SHARKS
SUNDAY 19TH FEBRUARY
DW STADIUM
KO : 15:00

Referee: R Hicks

Touch Judges: M Craven J Child

Reserve Referee: J Smith
Reserve Touch Judge: R Thompson

Video Referee: P Bentham

M Com: K Leyland
Time Keeper: A Mills

http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/ref ... 8ylA.dpuf
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AdamMac

Re: Referee for WCC

Post by AdamMac »

mickw wrote:Just another weak kneed mug who will be terrified of upsetting the aussies,just like bentam against brisbane,never seen the opposition burst out laughing before.

That's why I won't be wasting my time at the weekend.
He's never been a favourite of mine, but he was very good in the grand final.

Each to their own but staying away from supporting your team in a game like this because you don't like a ref is a bit soft.

:blush:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The Aussies don't need any help from referees they play in a far superior competition than SL which is the reason that they have won the last six encounters. Having said that, we raised our game to give Brisbane an almighty fright so it can be done. I am going to marvel at the skill and speed the Aussies bring to the game as it is an honour to watch world class sportsmen, hopefully we can give them one hell of a game on Sunday. I don't expect the referee to have any bearing on the result.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Far better than Thaler
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Historically Hicks wasn't my favourite, but actually I have grown in respect for him.

We've won the last 3 matches he's refereed, and when I watch the recordings it's difficult to fault. Of course he's human and as the hedgehog said when it climbed off the yard brush "we all make mistakes!", But overall he's fair and not influenced by heckling and bias.

But I support this choice and don't see him giving either side any favours.

Looking forward to it!
Stevethegas
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For my money Hicks has grown into the best ref in super league,glad it's him to be honest.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i don't mind having Hicks, hes seems the most Neutral of the current refs,

was dreading Bent Bentham or Whistle Happy Thaler
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

And separately from the issues of the referee, I fail to understand the comments of MickW above.

Why be so scathingly negative? In what way does that sell our game? In what way does it support it?

If those who don't respect Rugby League see comments like that, you can hardly blame them for thinking we're a bunch of losers. But we aren't.

Rugby League is a great game with nothing to apologise for at all.

And if we love it and wish it well, then it requires our support, not carping. It needs praise, not miseries.

Come on - be good to this great sport. If you don't like something in it then say how you'd improve it. Say what you'd like instead, make constructive suggestions. As many say, bring me answers not problems.

So please, to the many miseries who post on here, say something upbeat and positive. Wigan Warriors and the great game of Rugby League deserve it.
Stevethegas