Defence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Defence

Post by yokozuna »

Stunning.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Defence

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It was

Classy interview from the cronulla boss - didn't know which way he'd go but very classy in his responses to the questions
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

We have the best two back-rowers in the league, and Farrell and Bateman are both exceptional Rugby League players, especially in terms of defence. They led the way today, but every single player played their part in one of the best defensive performances I can remember.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i'm happy we won. deserved it as well but Hicks preformance in the second half is going to give the assusie media a field day.

Escare did exeptionally well today and Catalan dropped him because of his defence.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great performance!

I was a doubter before the game, but freely admit I was wrong. Bateman, Lockers, Budgie, Gildart, Clubb, Tierney, Escare, Powell - in fact, every player deserves a mention.

What are the odds on us winning the treble after this?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

To keep the NRL champs to one try speaks volumes about our defence. Brilliant performance from the lads.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Caboosegg wrote:i'm happy we won. deserved it as well but Hicks preformance in the second half is going to give the assusie media a field day.

Escare did exeptionally well today and Catalan dropped him because of his defence.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 1487527080

Hilarious article. :lol:
pedro

Post by pedro »

wow thats some sour grapes :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Very bad loser are the aussies...... the forearm to the head of powell and the late shot on gildart should have been dealt with...... hats off to the lads the defence was brilliant......oh and burgess wasnt sent packing by souths as i remember
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

yokozuna wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:i'm happy we won. deserved it as well but Hicks preformance in the second half is going to give the assusie media a field day.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 1487527080

Hilarious article. :lol:

what its missing is the amount of back chat the sharks gave Hicks. hicks has a habit of being fine until a team starts trying to sway him

the Pass of the ground ended up in a wigan players hand so the Sharks got let of slightly
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.