Darrell Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Darrell Powell

Post by AdamMac »

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-l ... -1-8402574 **

W happened with him for him to dislike Wigan/wane so much? It's been written all over his face for last few seasons and he's really been getting on my waz.

This is just pathetic and I'm glad wane has outed him in the press.

** Fixed your link - Josie :)
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Darrell Powell

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He's just a bitter Yorkshire man.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
OJ

Post by OJ »

Powell is my idea of the classic Yorkshireman (obviously with numerous exceptions) but he is dour miserable and always seems to be moaning
Maybe he's on pay as you go and begrudged the 5p or whatever it would cost him :)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Powell is one of the best coaches in SL,yes he's from Yorkshire but I like the way Cas play,on this issue honestly I wish Shaun had said nowt,it's really a private matter and let's be fair there's no love lost between the sets of fans,this sort of silliness just adds to the rancor.
markill

Post by markill »

I agree Fozzie. Unless the question was more leading than it appears to be, I'm not sure why Wane had any call to mention it. Now it makes him look like the petty one.

There was a fall out last year I think, when Powell, most of the Cas fan base and all of the other 'anyone but Wigan' brigade went off their heads about a completely correctly awarded penalty that resulted in a bad Cas reaction and a completely justified sin bin for Jake Webster, just before half time. Not sure if there is already more to it than from that incident but leave the sour grapes where they are, we don't have to pick them up on it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jobo

Post by jobo »

fozzieskem wrote:Powell is one of the best coaches in SL,yes he's from Yorkshire but I like the way Cas play,on this issue honestly I wish Shaun had said nowt,it's really a private matter and let's be fair there's no love lost between the sets of fans,this sort of silliness just adds to the rancor.
Agree with you fozzie. Better off saying nothing rather than making it public.
ian b

Post by ian b »

i emailed warrington because i think what happened at weekend was brilliant for superleague in general. I think wire winning was a springboard for the Wigan win to be honest and i think it's a shot in the arm for the British game. I would have been happy which ever English club won. Unfortunately there always bitter people who can't deal with success !!!!
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

All adds fuel to the fire when we play Cas. Ticket sales up?
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

God wrote:I don't agree, Powell should have been outed, This isn't Football, rugby league is a family and respect goes a long way between clubs.

Wane spoke honestly and openly about a respect issue and he has all the right to call Powell up on it. Wane was one of the first to message Smith on their win and likewise it's called respect.

Cunningham and McDermott not far behind. Wigan's biggest rivals even the Leigh coach congratulating the club, what makes Cas so special? they have been outed the ball is in their court to show respect to not only Wigan but the rest of Super League in the future.

I'm glad Wane has mentioned it, now we all know which clubs lack respect.
Spot on!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I'm with you on this, TEW, not only Wigan fans either. All across the game, fans forums were against the training session at Sale. We know Rads gave a plausible reason not to cancel but it did leave a bad taste.
I suspect Powell at the time told Wane he wasn't too pleased about this Sale business and was told it was too late to cancel the arrangement. Powell himself will be pleased that we've won but must demonstrate somehow to the Cass faithfull.